How to approach to KSEA from KORS?

Hi

I’m trying to emulate several routes of the Fedex feeder, Empire Airlines with the C208 (Am I the only one who miss a lot a cargo caravan in MSFS?). But planning the flight from Orcas (KORS) to Seattle (KSEA), when the active runway is 34, I’m not sure how to proceed with the approach having to cross entirely this busy airport.

As far I’ve checked KSEA charts, and as the available STARS are not suitables for this kind of flight and plane, I didn’t find any approach with the typical procedure turn in cases like this one, when you coming from the opposite side to the active runway. I can imagine that, in the real life, this approach will be managed mainly by ATC using vectors to the IAF of this runway, but I’m courious about how would you handle this approach in the sim?

In the MSFS world map, when you select the approach to RWY34 coming from KORS, the sim generates a parallel leg to the rwy from the previous waypoint. But I’m not sure if this way it’s suitable for this kind of airport.

Sadly I didn’t find in flightaware nor flightradar similar examples, only direct approaches to rwy 16 (and maybe it’s the only procedure for this kind of flights).

Regards.

Check out Navigraph. Problems will be solved.

You could join the MARNR 7 RNAV arrival at BUHNR. It will basically take you on an extended left downwind to land on the 34s. One thing I like about this arrival is that it has a specific lost comms procedure. When you exit the procedure at EMMSS you proceed direct to SONDR and execute the ILS Rwy 34L approach.

1 Like

Wondering if this is valid for turboprop? It doesn’t specify like some other charts but it does mention Turbojet speed and the fix speed restrictions are “cross at” and are un-achievable for the Caravan.

If there isn’t a specific turboprop arrival I’d imagine you’d be getting ATC vectors to the approach fix. The Caravan is just too slow to be mixed in with jet traffic.

I’ve flown the JAWBN6 arrival in the TBM many times… if landing north depart alkia with a heading of 163 degrees
If no atc is available wait till you are far enough south and then goto the inital approach fix of either 34L or R

If an arrival is restricted to turbojets only it will be noted on the chart. There is no such restriction with this arrival. If I was flying this arrival with a turboprop I would be keeping my speed up as long as possible.

As @N405HT mentioned, the JAWBN6 is probably the better option.

True, but the slowest speed restriction to cross “at” is 210 kts. Given the aircraft in question, this would be problematic. The speed isn’t a suggestion but a restriction. So I’d wonder what ATC would assign to you on this star when you’d be up to 100 kts slower than an arriving jet on the same STAR?

My bad: I’ve checked several STARs but not JAWBN6. I discarded MARNR7 becacuse the speed restriction weren’t sutiable for the Caravan. But as @N405HT pointed, JAWBN6 is perfect. Even there are indications for turboprop planes:

For confirming, I’ve been checking other flights of Empire Airlines to their hub in KSEA, and although mostly of them land in RWY16x, I’ve found this one, coming from Skagit Rgnl (KBVS), where it seems the flight was assigned to this approach:

KBVS_KSEA

you can check all the details here:

Having this point clear, now, the only thing I need it’s a proper Caravan Cargo for the sim :wink:

Thank folks. I appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.