How to change destination airport (divert) with only voice commands in a VFR / IFR flight?

Hello,

Yesterday I made a VFR flight to LGKY, but do to strong winds I had to divert to LGKO. I tried contacting the LGKO tower by dialing in that frequency, but Pilot2ATC did not understand it anymore, and I did not want to change the flight plan itself anymore after 4 hours of flying. And I thought it had to do with the fact that LGKY was still listed as destination, so the program did not understand that.

So I was wondering, lets say you go around. And then decide you have to divert. How do you do that then in Pilot2ATC without altering the VFR / IFR flight plan in the window? Is that possible to alter the destination airport? Or should me dialing into the LGKO tower have worked? And was it a glitch?

Any idea guys?

Thanks,

Boudewijn

P2ATC does not handle diversions (directly) at this time.

Dave has said he plans to implement it at some point, but, no timeline.

If the alternate is relatively close by, after missed approach, request radar vectors for an approach at the alternate airport. Something like “ request radar vectors for ILS approach to runway 17L at Kilo Delta Foxtrot Whiskey”. That should get you vectors to the alternate.

You’re only other option is to;

• Disconnect and Reconnect P2A
  • Enter and file a new flight plan to the alternate
  • Report in to ATC Center with something like “ climbing to FL 250”
  • You should be given a squawk code and the flight should flow normally after that.

Can’t address P2C, but the easiest way is to look up the COM for the divert field’s tower, dial it into COM2 and use the ATC TTS window to explore options. This assumes you’re within LOS VHF range which is about 40NM linear.

Well I did just that but than the diversion airfield tower did not react as it supposed to. Well thanks anyway for your response. And I was within range.

I don’t know if Pilot2ATC requires you to shut off the built-in ATC in the sim (it probably does). If the built-in ATC was ON, it would likely respond.

No it was off. But never mind, the question was it you can change your destination airport with voice in the flight plan, but I assuming not then now.

Naw, P2A ignores the in-sim ATC, works the same off or on.