How to change papi light visibility?

is there a file or configuration setting that changes the visibility of papi lights? They seem to be very dark compared to the real world, especially since in the real world i can see papi lights in good condition up to 15-20km out but can not make them out in game at all until much closer

3 Likes

You can try increasing your TLOD, not too sure if there are any other options.

For some time now, I’ve noted that it’s very hard to see papi lights from a distance too. But I not sure if this is a problem related to TLOD or it’s configured following real life specifications. I have to check increase TLOD.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to be able to see them on final. I’ll watch these videos of people saying they see two red, two white. I can’t see a thing until I’m almost on the ground.

It would be great if those lights could be excluded from LOD calculations, to make them visible from further out than TLOD settings allow for. They can’t use up much in the way of resources, so unlikely to affect framerate negatively.

1 Like

i tried to poke around config settings i do not know why they have it not draw at all from a certain distance, i really hope they fix this issue soon since something as basic as runway indication lights is very essential for using a flight simulator to practice what you may do in the real world

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.