How to change your TAIL REGISTRATION and CALLSIGN

If you want to change your tail registration
go to WORLD MAP
on top left corner click on the plane (like if you want to change aircraft)
in the new screen select ATC OPTIONS on the left
Here you can assign your own tail registration and callsign

3 Likes

Sadly, it does not stay when you leave your flight, restart fs or change planes. I think they should have made it non-volatile and changeable.

6 Likes

definitively agree with you
if in the community you could pick a tail registration and callsign as part of your profile would be awesome

I may have found something for this.

look for this folder
E:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\[aircraft you want to fly]\SimObjects\Airplanes\[whatever plane]\ (May be different on Steam, I have GamePass version)

Mine for the 152 is: E:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-c152\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C152

Open file aircraft.cfg

Look for line

atc_id = "ASXGS" ; tail number

near the bottom

Change the ASXGS to whatever you want.

Save.

Reload plane (?)(or sim?)

Make a backup of this file or folder just in case. I won’t be responsible for you having to reinstall 91GB :wink:

That might keep it from changing back.

6 Likes

I just did this and it seems to work. After editing the line in the file and closing out of the simulator completely (maybe an unnecessary step, but only real way to confirm), I went back and loaded up the 152. I checked the ATC options before flying and the Tail Number info was blank. That would default it to the ASXGS tail number. I pushed Fly and it is the tail number I entered into the file, N721B.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing that info… I’ll give it a try later today and see if my personal tail number will stick.

1 Like

Tried it and it works perfect.
If you have liveries installed need to go change the .cfg file where the liveries are stored

We just need all planes to have aircraft.cfg now

I always make my call sign “COVID” and my flight number 19.

ATC: Covid one niner you are cleared for takeoff… lol

3 Likes