How to configure voice radio exchanges between 2 multiplayers?

How to communicate by headset between 2 multiplayers?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible through the game. You might need to use other programs, like Discord

Yep, you have to use a seperate program to communicate. There is no option in the game to contact or communicate with other live players either by voice or text chat. I don’t do live events and stuff like that but it would sure be a nice thing to add for those that do.

2 Likes

How on earth an audio communication is not in the game with a multiplayer?!
Add to group and what next, wave with wings? Morse code with taxi lights?

6 Likes

Thanks to all! I took a look at Discord. That is not what I’m looking for. In my opinion that is not suitable for Fs2020

A couple guys at flying brigade in toronto are working on something as we speak…maybe an FS2020 TALK add-on? Who knows yet…but they are masters coders and have alot to offer the community i think!

:slight_smile:

Stay tuned!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

They should just apply a 121.5 or pick one frequency for in game transmit/receive within realistic range?

3 Likes

I’ve heard pilots playing trivia over a common traffic frequency. Yes, real pilots, real planes, real frequencies. No moderation. We decided to pack up and go elsewhere for our practice instrument approaches.

The reason I bring this up is that, at least with VATSIM, you have some degree of moderation to quash misuse of frequencies. If Asobo decides to bring up something similar, they should have some moderation in place, or it will devolve very quickly.

1 Like

Have you tried using the Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10? Open your communications there.

1 Like

Yes, this.
As I’m flying around my home area, there are several little airports and flipping between 122.8 and 122.9 is about the only way to be able to get awareness of what others in the area are doing. I can only imagine the nightmare of coding that it would take to allow two way communication, of two airplanes, within ‘x’ range of each other, and needing to be on the same frequency.
I think all the frequency info is already built into the game and you can still tune in with tower, ground, and whatever, but having a ‘common’ global frequency would be awesome.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever played a multiplayer game that had no form of communication.
I think for right now I will say I’m going to a multiwatcher session.

we use MUMBLE mostly

Thanks! And what about really free soft?

mumble is free

Telephone works well for my multiplayer group.