[HOW TO] Configuring Your Controllers Guide (Completed)

Already done :smirk: Thank you for your answer.

1 Like

Solid reference material.
Good work.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Most current military fighters have a HOTAS system…Hands on Throttle and Stick.

Sure, although pretty much everything else, both military and civilian, doesn’t use HOTAS. Single-seat fighters are the most VFR-optimized planes ever (although of course they can do IFR, too) and the whole HOTAS concept is part of that. Let the pilot keep eyes on target while having all necessary controls to kill said target at his literal fingertips. Add a head-mounted HUD overlay and the pilot has no need ever to look below the canopy’s lower edge in life-or-death situations. Seems a shame this whole architecture hasn’t been adopted on a more general level.

Tu peux gérer la sensibilité dans option et sensibilité, mais tu peux également te servir de la touche 1 du clavier pour aider ton avion dans son inclinaison verticale et touche 7 pour faire piquer du nez pour perdre de l’altitude, celà t’évite d’être continuellement en conflit avec ton joystick, car effectivement en cas de vent violent, la maitrise devient très compliquée :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for preparing this guide. I’ve been struggling for 2 months trying to format the controls and will now start over using your guy.
In the meantime, I have a question on an annoying problem. Every time I crash and it says I broke my landing gear. So I go to restart and it says the same thing after it reloads. I even shut the computer down, change planes and it still comes up with that message and doesn’t allow me to go any further.
Any ides how I can get the message off so I fly again.
Thank you.
Tom

I used to create a profile for every single aircraft I am using.

For example the A320neo:

• I created a controller preset “Airbus A320” for the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls
  • I created a controller preset “Airbus A320” for the Honeycomb Bravo Flight Controls

For example the Carenado PA44:

• I created a controller preset “PA44” for the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls
  • I created a controller preset “PA44” for the Honeycomb Bravo Flight Controls

…and so on…

This is where my trouble began. Everytime I switched a preset, the button assignments have not been loaded correctly (they may not have been saved properly?). Now I’m testing to use unique names for the preset profiles.

For example the A320neo:

• I created a controller preset “Alpha Airbus A320” for the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls
  • I created a controller preset “Bravo Airbus A320” for the Honeycomb Bravo Flight Controls

For example the Carenado PA44:

• I created a controller preset “Alpha PA44” for the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls
  • I created a controller preset “Bravo PA44” for the Honeycomb Bravo Flight Controls

I hope this solves my problem. I will give a report on my experiences with that since I assume some other players have these problems as well.

Cheers Marcel

Edit: several hours and Sim restarts later it works for me just fine giving each preset its unique name.

1 Like

I have a wireless xbox controller that shows up in controllers as Bluetooth LE XINPUT …etc but it is the default…That has got to be a way to renmae it or get rid of it. I go through the trouble of setting up an xbox controller and the settings may work the next time I reboot…or it may not… Surely there is a way to fix this…I hope…

Imgur

Thanks,
BM

Thank you for this help/tutorial, but somebody know the path to this profiles?

A great tutorial! Learned a few things that I did not know and have been simming for many years. Too bad that the developers did not do this way back when this was released in Beta. Find it more of a pain now than then.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about the 2nd column for controller assignments. I read in the key concepts section above that I can asign two keys to each command. I would assume it is the same for joysticks, two buttons can be assigned to do the same function. Why? This doesn’t seem useful at all to me. So why would MS spend the time and effort and use the screen real estate for a feature that is not useful? Or am I just missing something?

I apologize if this is in the wrong topic. It is about controllers but in VR.

Can someone please tell me how to set the key bindings for user camera translation? They are the last three items under the General/VR Mode settings. I can’t find the commands for these to map a key to them.

I have configured my flight controls but when I try to fly it continues to use the default button controls. How do I get the aircraft to use my profile?

I have configured my flight controls but the aircraft still uses the DEFAULT settings. WTF, why don’t they have a MANUAL! Grrrr

It seems that if you bind an analogue axis to the right hand column rather than the left it add’s the left column also and reduces the active range of the axis in game.

I’m assuming this behaviour is by design and that it might be used for split axis configuration to enable reverse thrust etc but there is no documentation to by found anywhere and therefore it’s not possible to know for sure.

Set up my CH yoke. Go thru the sensitivity options and see the inputs there but when I go and set my yoke for aileron and elevator it shows no inputs in the main control menu nor with an aircraft shown up. Just installed and havent restarted my pc yet but will try that shortly

Thanks for posting. My kids and I have spent many (many) hours trying to understand the controls using the keyboard/mouse as well as the Logitech (Saitek) flight yoke, but unfortunately neither seem to work consistently. The FS controls menu provides bindings like “A2” and “T4” that don’t correspond to known keys. Even seemingly simple commands from FS like “Hold E” don’t work using any interface. The documentation in this regard seems to be non-existent. What are we missing?

I wish there was a way to backup the controller settings to a file.
I keep losing my settings, even if I duplicate my profile, because all profiles get overwritten by another profile. So you have all duplicated profiles the same.

I back up the “wgs” folder regularly (see default path below). I believe (not 100%) that your flight logs and control settings are stored there. This is for Microsoft Store installs. For Steam, I think there is an explicit feature to back up that info.

C:\Users{accountname}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs

where {accountname} is replace by your actual account name (sans the curly braces).

My Saitek Cessna yoke pedals end trim are not recognized, any tips anyone ?