How to create fog ("high fog") / sea of fog?

Hello everybody

I’m not sure if this is the right section of the forum, but here we go:
Did anyone manage to create realistic “high fog” / sea of fog in MSFS?

Basically that is a thick layer of fog in low altitudes.
Live weather can’t pull that off at all :confused:

So I have to create it manually.

You can see how it looks in real live here: sea of fog - YouTube

Or in sim, it would probably look something like what he created here in minute 0:30

Can anyone share settings / screenshots of the weather settings of you have been able to recreate this?

Thanks a lot,
Oliver

I too would be very interested to hear how to do this. Is there a way to change the Dew point in the game?

I was not able to create “real” fog, but you can try stacking multiple cloud layers and increase the aerosol density.

Fog is currently not supported. As strange as it might sound. As far as I understand, the developers believe that fog is just low level cloud and therefore does not need to be separately implemented. Technically they are correct if it wasn’t for the fact that the clouds are way to transparent and it is not possible to set the visibility inside a cloud.

Please file a bug report on Zendesk to press the issue. The more people raise awareness about this, the better.

2 Likes

I think it’s there, I did a flight over Niagara and there was low lying fog. It wasn’t very thick but it looked pretty cool once above it.