How to DIY cockpit panel for Saitek peripherals

Anyone of you have create a cockpit panel for Saitek instrument panel, radio panel autopilot etc… ?

I’m looking for a “SLIM” solution idea.
Which kind of material to use? plywood, wood… steel …

Any tips and tricks are appreciate :+1:t2:

This was a very useful resource for what I wanted.

2 Likes

This is my project to Saitek panels. Bellow this two panels I left area to include Switches Panel and one more.

4 Likes

This is not thin, but it works really well for me and could be altered to be thin.

1 Like

nice one! I’m curious how did you connect Viewsonic monitor to your FS. Is this touch panel, or just regular LCD? Do you need special SW to display instruments on it?

Thanks. Unfortunately that picture is a bit misleading as it is an old picture that was taken with FSX. Since we are not able to create 2D panels just yet, that Viewsonic screen is only relegated to the pop out G1000/3000 screens (which does work pretty well BTW). I guess that picture is more of a dream for the day when the SDK is completed and we can again create 2D steam gauge panels for the MSFS2020 aircraft.

As for if it is touch screen, I got the panel off of Amazon for something like $75 and thought the price was just right. In hindsight, I wish I would have paid a bit more and had gotten a touch screen. One of these days, I might switch it out. (Me looking over my shoulder to make sure the wife did not catch that last part…)

As for connecting it to the FS, it is just a normal panel on my computer, just like the other four, and I am able to drag the instrument panels onto it. That’s it.

1 Like

I’m trying to build something like you have. Currently I have the same saitek hw’s as you, just waiting for pedals (they’re sold out everywhere right now). I will not use 3 monitors, because I have Track IR, but I like you idea of displaying basic instruments on separate LCD screen. For me, I dont need touch screen. I didn’t know, that FS2020 isn’t ready yet for this kind of thing, hope it will be released soon.

Anyway, I’m also better not telling my wife how much I spent on this :-).