How to erase an add-on from marketplace (FBW marketplace version trouble)

A few month ago, I installed the FlyByWire A32NX from the marketplace.
As it is no more updated, I uninstalled it from the marketplace and installed the version from the FBW installer but it still appears as “Not installed”.
I have no “delete” button for this version.

So now, I have 2 versions in my Profile, the one from the marketplace (not installed) and the one from the FBW installer (installed).

I checked my community folder and the A32nx is there but it is the one from FBW installer.
I can’t find the folder for the Marketplace version, neither in the official folder.

The trick is, how do you completly remove an add-on from the marketplace?
(I have no “delete” button)

I think that you have to uninstall it from Content Manager.

If it’s “not installed” then what’s the issue? You still “own” it on the marketplace, but that’s not a problem.

Check out the “Official\OneStore” folder next to the “Community” folder and see if you have it there. (Search for flybywire and you should find it, if it exists. I’m betting it does not.)

Yes, i know, it’s not a big deal.
The problem is that the Marketplace version still appears as “not installed” and I am unable to delete from the content manager (no “delete” button).

And so I have 2 versions of the FBW a320 in the content manager.

I like when it’s clean :grin:

@Aeluwas I don’t have “Official\OneStore” folder, I use the Steam version, maybe that’s why.
I search all my pc for Flybywire folder and only the ones from the FBW installer appear.

I think it must be linked to the account or written in a file somewhere

It will stay there because you own it, only way to get rid of it is ask microsoft for a refund and it will be removed from your account if they even give you a refund

The problem is that the FBW a320 from the marketplace is no more compatible with the current version of MSFS.
That’s why it was removed from the marketplace.

And it was free, i’m not requesting a refund.

We should have the option to completely remove an add-on from the content manager

1 Like

Am I the only one unable to remove the old FBW a320 (from the marketplace) from the content manager?

1 Like

no, you are not alone. I have the same issue. there is no way to delete it. So I’m ignoring it for now. what I did find is that i have some other minor marketplace purchases like a Coronado bi-plane and a few other airports/planes. I’m seeing in and around this forum that I should remove even my marketplace purchases (in addition to wiping the community folder bone-dry). Will I be able to add them (marketplace purchases) back in once they come up with their own SU5 disaster-fixes? or are they gone for good when you rip them out of the Marketplace?

Me too…same happens to me

If you uninstall content, you can install it again.
That’s the main purpose of the “not installed” filter in the content manager.

That’s the way Marketplace works. You “buy” stuff even if it’s free and then you own it and can install or uninstall at will.
Just ignore whatever is listed as “not installed”.

2 Likes

if you figured out let me know because im going thru this now

As said above you can uninstall it from your computer but it will always show up in your Marketplace that you own it but it will have installed or uninstalled beside it or something to those effects.

As I mentioned before, the FBW 320 in the marketplace is totally outdated, it would be nice to be able to delete it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.