How to fix ATC giving the wrong runway

Hi everyone

Is there a way to fix being given the wrong runway for landings with ATC ?

Its always asking me to land with the wind not into it.

I have only the fenix installed and FSLTL , no 3rd party airports either.

Is there a way to stop this happening ? or will it still happen if I buy REX weather force ??

Thanks in advance I know some of you are very experienced in MSFS things

Regards

J

Unfortunately no way to stop it from happening.

If you are looking at alternatives, I don’t think you should focus so much on weather injection systems (which would not change how the in-sim ATC handles things) but rather alternative ATC systems which would.

Pilot2ATC has some quirks but is great, and is voice activated.

There are other options as well.

You can export your flight plan from simbrief (i’m assuming you are using it for planning) into MSFS format and load it in the sim before you select departure airport and press fly. This way default ATC will recognize your planned route and should guide you following all constraints and assign correct runways/sid’s/star’s. Thats how it works in default aircraft and should work in fenix. I only tried this method in FBW (they have special setting in EFB for it, sync default fight plan or something like that).

1 Like

I still have the problem where I load the sim brief exported flight plan and it always shows as starting on the runway in the msfs flight planner.

Then when I change to a different start location (gate or parking spot) msfs replans the entire flight to its own routes. The sim brief plan is completely replaced.

I’ve not been able to come up with any resolution to this.

1 Like

When you pick your starting point, do it from the drop down rather than the map. This avoids the flight plan being re-arranged.

Thats because you didn’t select your starting parking spot (not your fault, simbrief does not know how to do it) You can try LittleNavMap for now, it has extended functionality for flight planning and can export your plan with pre-selected parking stands. You can also create your custom routes and custom waypoints (and much more). Best tool available for free.

skypilotYTS has a very good solution too.

1 Like

I swear I’ve tried it both ways and neither worked… But I’ll try the drop down again.

Thanks for quick reply.

1 Like

The last days I’ve been trying to understand how it works the selection of the runway because I’ve suffered some strange messages from the ATIS on the approach.

I’ve found that the departure and arrival runways are selected based on the flight plan loaded in the world map or based on the weather on that particular moment. If the weather changes while loading the flight or during the flight, the ATC will only follow the initial runway assignment selected in the world map.

For that reason, if the weather changes, both ATIS and ATC will give us incorrect instructions.

I suppose we have to wait the revision of the ATC that WT are working on. Meanwhile, take note of the assigned runways in the world map.

My suggestion would be to select only ‘runway’ in the world map and not the numbered rwys. With real weather on, ATC may consider the wind direction. No guarantee though. :disguised_face:

Doesnt work. Just yesterday planned a flight into KIAD using the GIBBZ5 arrival via MATTC transition for ILS 19C. flew in and ATC directed me to fly the ILS 19C approach circle to land runway 12 (which is listed as unused) ATC enforce fp is set to on.

Isn’t there a setting in the options that tells MSFS to abide by your runway selection regardless of weather? I’m away from my PC now but I know I’ve seen it.

Yes there is and i have it enabled. Also had another circle to land 17 after i preplaned RNAV35 at AYGA.