"How To" for applying the workaround to fix the flaps/lift issue caused by the Third World Update

I think ASOBO are doing an excellent job to give us the best Flight Simulator ever.

@TemperedPaper48 Grateful for what? Some of us paid thousands of dollars for new gaming machines and flight hardware, and then another $100+ for a piece of software that we were expecting to be a study-level (or flyable, at the very least) upgrade from previous simulators. That’s how it was billed to us by all the hype ASOBO/MS drummed up pre-launch.
What we got instead was a broken video game with nice graphics that still isn’t ready for release 6 months after its actual release. We have every right to be peeved.

Good news guys -official hotfix landing next week!

Whatever you change manually, you need to make sure it is reverted after the hotfix.

Depending on which modules they touch to trigger a re-download, the hotfix might revert some or all the aircraft packages in the “Official” folder (you’ll have to manually check them if you applied the workaround there).
But it will definitely not revert any changes done in the Community folder.
If you downloaded mods that contain the workaround, you might have to check if there is an updated version with the change reverted. If you downloaded the mod that applies the workaround to all the standard edition aircraft, you need to remove this mod again.

Best is to note down ALL the changes you did (noting down previous values if you modified cfg files) to be able to restore it all manually.

All this complexity in the workaround is a reason they didn’t push it broadly on the blog etc. It requires some awareness and micromanagement of changes/updates to not run into issues again once the hotfix is released.

That’s a great quesiton for Asobo! How can they be so ungrateful that they leave us to flounder for weeks instead of releasing a hotfix, (which they’re totally were able to do so - just chose not to until everyone complained).

I’m glad we complained enough THIS TIME so that they did act, but what about next time?

I hope they learned their lesson.

I’m grateful they listened to the community and are fixing it, as I initially suggested. It only took everyone getting upset for them to change course.

Seeing as they did change course kinda underscores that I was right. Thanks.

That means that your PC is not configured properly or poor quality, because on my PC this game is faultless.

Fixed in Hotfix 1.13.17.0