How to "press" with the mouse (post SU5)

Since this is a “how to” question, rather than an error report, I hope it is OK if I get straight to the question.

I have adopted the new process (lock?) where controls are highlighted when the mouse hovers over them. However, whereas previously, in the Daher 930, for example, I could “press” the bearing button - left click - (to set the current bearing) rather than scroll either side of it (which otherwise adjusts the bearing) I don’t know how to do this, post SU5.
The same applies to other controls, such as the chart zooming dial on the Garmin 3000.
I should be most grateful for any advice on this.
Thank you!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/legacy-mode-when-interacting-with-cockpit-instruments-switches-got-nerfed

Left click to lock, right click to press. It should show exactly that in the popup tooltips unless you have disabled them. :slight_smile:

Note that you may need to reset your mouse control bindings to the new defaults in the Options → Controls screen if you haven’t done so.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have indeed turned off the tool tips because they were covering the buttons! Unfortunately, I believe that I do need to re-set the menu items. Help here would be really appreciated, as I am not sure which ones to set.

I did set the primary ones, thanks to another forum member, which gave me control over the left mouse button, but that was all.

Thanks again!

1 Like