How to prevent Logitech Rudder Pedals from sliding around?

I had the same issue but the desk was against the walk. so what i did was put a bit of plywood between the back of the pedals and the wall. now the pedals when i push them dont move.
But this depends on the location of course.

I used a web strap. The bracket on my rudder pedals has a slot that it fit in, but I could have attached it to the wood too. I put a cable tie on my chair bottom to help hold the strap up so it wouldn’t slide off if I moved forward an inch or so. See if these pics are clear.

2 Likes

I use one of the ikea thin transparent mats ment to protect wooden floor against hard office chair wheels and have bolted my pedals to the mat …and taken the wheels of my gaming chair. Now my pedals go nowhere and the same with my chair. Works perfectly.

I just ran a couple of clean Drywall Screws into the carpet.
The fiber backing inside the carpet between the carpet and pad holds things just fine, and I’ve removed and repositioned them a couple times when I moved my desk and it never left any marks in the carpet.

There’s never any serious pressure on both pedals, so I’m not worried about tears/rips.
Then again… it is in my converted garage, so no big deal.

Just my $.02.
Jim-Sim

1 Like

Those pics are perfect. Thanks. May I ask where you got the straps?

Hi, it may have come with the Ruddo or some other thing I had, but it is basically this item on Amazon:

IronBuddy 6.5’ x 1" Tie Down Straps Lashing Straps Black Nylon Heavy Dust Cargo Tie Down Straps with Zinc Alloy Lock Buckle Up to 600lbs, Pack of 4 (6.5ft)

Thanks. Looks awesome. I can get the velcro at the hardware store around the corner from me and the straps from Amazon. Looks like no chair modifications will be necessary. Sincerely, Happy Camper.

2 Likes

I use a roll of nonslip draw/shelf mat. Easily roll it up when finished and keeps them stuck to the carpet. £4

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-non-slip-cushion-mat-45-x-125cm/p/0507531

2 Likes

I think I will finally end up using a combination of all the suggestion. I did add the Velcro that came with the pedals to my carpet and it is holding it firmly.

However, I would like to sometimes take the pedals out of the way when doing other work and want to stretch my legs.

I did order some heavy duty Velcro and I plan to get a rubber floor mat with spikes to grip on to the rug and attach the Velcro to the floor mat and pedals.

I should get the Velcro I ordered tomorrow and will go to Home Depot to get the Rubber Floor Mat to attach the pedals to.

I will let you guys know how my plan works out. I will also post a photo of my new pedals setup.

But tonight I am flying a long flight with them attach to the carpet with the original Velcro included and they are holding up nicely.

I use a piece of wood resting between the pedals and the wall with Velcro that came with them attached underneath as they are placed on carpet and a simple door wedge under one of my office chair wheels to stop the chair moving, works a treat.

Try some Divers Weights…you can get the plastic coated ones,and place them behind your Rudder Pedals,That’s what I’ve done with my MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals.

1 Like

My first attempt on stopping the rudder pedals from sliding. I bought at Home Depot a thin rubber carpet protector with spikes on it. I cut it to the size of the bottom of my pedals and fastened it with Velcro.

It seems pretty sturdy and doesn’t seem to slide. Tonight I’ll put it through the real test on tonight’s Calendar Event flight scheduled for 19:00 Eastern Time. Tonight’s flight is thorough the Colorado Rockies.

Update:

After having used the pedals for a few weeks I can report that I am very happy with the setup I did. They stay firmly planted where I set them and I can quickly move them out of the way when not using them and just my PC for other stuff.

1 Like

Just use a flat headed (wider than the hole) self tapping screw at the front two holes. Make sure they are protruding no more than the carpet depth, range 0.1 to 5cm.Twist them until the grab the fibres. Job done.

1 Like

Mount on a piece of MDF board. That keeps the pedals from sliding. To keep your wheeled chair from rolling, cut a small hole for one of the wheels in the board. See image below.

Optionally (for a wheeled office chair), you can replace the wheels with locking wheels (brakes). They are relatively inexpensive on Amazon.

1 Like

I have a carpeted floor, so I drove 2 screws, one on each side of the pedals through the holes into the sub floor. Doesn’t show, DOESN’T move either.

1 Like

since my pedals go into a rug i just drill 2 screws in 1x front right corner and 1x back left corner

I bought 5 roller wheels that have a brake in them when you sit on the chair. If you are in the UK you can have them for the cost of the postage. I changed my pedals to VKB.

This is a rather old post, but I just got my rudder pedals, and ended up using these:

SoftTouch 4688395N Self-Stick Furniture Anti-Dent Carpet Protectors, 4 Inch x 4 Inch x 3/8 Inch, Clear, 2 Count - Carpet Cleaners - Amazon.com

Can be broken into 4 2"x2" squares. Placed one in each corner; for carpet they work really well and keep the peddles portable.

1 Like

put a piece of wood between the back of the pedals and the wall.

1 Like

My setup is very similar to LK2PRGM. I would suggest going that route as mine never move.