How to prevent Logitech Rudder Pedals from sliding around?

I just purchased Logitech Rudder Pedals and I have carpeting in my office, so they tend to slide around on the carpet.

What have you done to prevent them sliding.

I’m thinking about mounting them on plywood and the adding large rubber bumpers on the bottom, but I don’t know if that will work or if they will still slide around.

I even loosen them to the lightest setting and they still slide. I have tile in the rest of the house and checked to see how they would grip on tile and that’s even worse.

Maybe drilling and attaching it to a tile may work, but I don’t know if the tile will crack when I try to drill through it. I think the tile will grip better on the carpeting.

1 Like

How about a Plywood base, with one of these attached to the bottom, to “GRIP” the Carpet.

2 Likes

I use to have one of those chair mats and was never fond of it. But I may just have to do that. Thanks!

I also started a google search and someone was recommending heavy duty Velcro Attach the hook part to the pedals and let it grip the carpet.

That could work. The pedal came with tiny Velcro strips that aren’t big enough to grip on to the carpet.

I put velcro-tape on them and theotherpart to the floor. Itsperfect. I have a plastic mat under my deskchair, so the velcro isnt directly on the floor.

2 Likes

I used big velcro pieces and works very well!

1 Like

I mounted my pedals on a piece of wood with rubber feet on it, with the rear of the piece of wood in contact with the wall under my desk. It is solid works well. I think you have to have them on something that pushes against an immovable object like the wall, or screw them into the floor, or perhaps lots of velcro on your carpet. The next problem then is how to make the chair you are in not push back. I use a strap from my pedals to the bottom of my chair.

I just ordered some large Velcro and hope that it’s big enough to hold. I’ve seen big Velcro, but the one’s on Amazon, they say heavy duty, but I won’t know how big they are until I get them Tuesday.

I don’t mind it the hooks damage the carpeting under the desk. In a few years I plan to change this carpeting to tiles. I made a big mistake when I ordered this house and got tiles everywhere except the bedrooms, I regret not having also gotten tiles in the bedrooms, which I use one of them for my office.

If the Velcro isn’t big enough to grip on the carpet, I will just have to continue looking for larger Velcro. I should have just went to Home Depot where I could see what I’m getting, but just so used to getting stuff at Amazon.

Idk what kind of floor you have, but my floor is a somewhat slick, engineered hardwood. The default rubber feet on the pedals might as well have not been there.

It wasn’t until I got my honeycomb yoke that I knew such a thing as “micro suction” material even existed. There is a tape version available on Amazon that has the same properties as the micro suction mounting pad that honeycomb uses.

One side has actual adhesive on it (stick this side to the bottom of your pedals) the other side is the micro suction side. It feels sticky, but it’s not. Is actually the “microscopic suction pads”, if you will, they make it “sticky”

Has worked great so far for my pedals. Comes up off the floor with a little effort and doesn’t leave a residue.

Prior to that, I was using “under rug tape” which is a fairly sticky, but again, no -residue leaving tape that is meant for keeping rugs in place on slippery tile or hardwood floors.

Hope that helps!

Edit: I just noticed you said carpet. If you don’t care that it might pull up some fibers when you remove the tape, and you want the pedals to be semi permanent, I would go for the carpet tape.

Something like this would probably hold the pedals in place on carpet pretty well.
XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape for Area Rugs, Residue-Free, 2-Inch x 30 Yards; Wood Super Strong and Heavy-Duty Rug Tape for Carpet to Floor and Rug to Carpet Applications https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141L81GS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FGH63KRKRJJKG2H5T9FM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

If you were crazy, you could even glue a couple strips of carpet tack strip to the bottom of the pedals (nail side down). That would surely stop then from moving around too much!

Roberts Tack Strip, 7/8 Inx4 ft, Wood/Concrete, Pk3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P20K9C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_9JR769J6SHWHHCPR0NE6

I have this same setup exactly and it works perfectly for me.

1 Like

I usually sit my pedals on a rubber front door mat I got from the hardware store. They do still slide but not near as far or as often.

1 Like

Place a piece of wood, between the pedals and the wall, that way they can’t slide, it sits up against the pedals as a stop.

1 Like

… corner desk .

But a triangular piece of wood might work, good suggestion thanks.

Like others have said I used a piece of wood between wall and pedals. For my office chair I bought some “officer chair feet” that replace the wheels, so the chair doesn’t move.

This is my solution: MFG Crosswind rudder pedals query - #6 by lkowgli

2 Likes

Did you check all the contents of the box when you unpacked it. These rudders come with 2x velcro strips provided for just this. Carpet. mine have not moved since brand new. 2 years ago!

3 Likes

Often the problem is not the rudder pedals moving but the chair.

Me too with TM TFRP pedals. Velcro on plastic chair protector mat. Works great.

1 Like

That sounds pretty cool. Could you say more about the strap and where/how to get one? Thanks so much.

I had the same problem with my old pair of CH Pedal on a tile floor. Solved with a rubber mat, one of those 5-10 EUR mats for showers you can find in home improvement stores. Size is about right, they’re available in a number of colors. Rough, but functional :slight_smile:

1 Like

I put some weights behind them, and the weighs have enough grip on the carpet.

1 Like