How to release a tripped circuit breaker

Hello,

during my last flights the circuit-breaker “AFCS/ESP/USP” was tripped. I could identify this by a red ring around the circuit breaker.

Does anyone has an idea how to “release” the tipped circuit breaker?

A “click” on the circuit breaker doesn’t changed anything…

Thanks for any help…

Best Regards…

Generally speaking I would have thought a mouse click on it would have worked.

That said more info is probably needed. Which aircraft/developer are we talking about here? :slightly_smiling_face:

It is a DA62 Asobo…

One thought, I had…
In “real live” I would have first to “remove” the issue witch tripped the fuse…
But how should I handle this in the sim?

I can not believe, that the sim is going so “deep”…

1 Like

Unfortunately I haven’t flown in this AC for at least 2 years so I don’t think I can help you on this one. I wasn’t even aware that the circuit breakers were even modelled by Asobo on this AC.

Sorry I can’t help further :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Personal Comments and Observations

I didn’t know the CBs were active on this either. Are you sure you’re not running a DA62 Mod?

The red band shows up in the default aircraft, but (purely speculative on my part) it looks more like a disabled C/B rather than one that’s popped.
It’s always had the red band around it in my test sim w/o mods. In my experience, most pop out C/Bs tend to have a white cylinder that shows behind the head of the C/B when it’s popped.
Just my perspective…
Regards

1 Like

A tripped breaker should show white. The red sounds like a restraining collar around the breaker to prevent it from being pressed in.

The acronyms are Automatic Flight Control System, Electronic Stability Protection, Underspeed Protection. Maybe these are features in the real plane that couldn’t be modeled in the sim?

Edit: I just started a flight in the Diamond twin, and you’re definitely looking at a restraining collar.

3 Likes

I’ve never fiddled with the DA62 in MSFS, but after taking a peek, I think that @tclayton2k and @Habu2u2 are correct. What you see around the “AFCS ESP/USP” circuit breaker is a plastic red collar that prevents it from being pushed in. This is normally done to temporarily deactivate an aircraft system or individual piece of equipment that is either not installed or inoperative (i.e. dispatched under Minimum Equipment List relief).

My company uses red collars for inoperative items and blue collars for circuit breakers referenced in the QRH. Other operators may use different procedures, but the red and blue color coding seem pretty standard.