How to remove power line pylons when building an airport?

Hello,
I have build my own airport. As you can see in the screenshot there are power lines which I can’t remove. I’ve already set a polygon to remove everything but it didn’t help.

Does anybody know how I can remove these?

Kind regards
Alex

AFAIK it’s not possible (yet). Have to wait for Asobo to patch the SDK. Same goes for some other objects (windmills, road lights etc)

1 Like

Thanks for your fast reply. Do you think it might be possible to create a hole through terraforming and then “bury” it by a plane/polygon/Apron (with same material) to cover the hole (and stille be able to build an even taxiway)?

I don’t think so. SDK’s Taxiways/aprons follows the terrain so I doubt you can’t hide it with terraform. Maybe if you lower the terrain and use 3D model for taxiway in that spot, then it might work.
But it’s worth to try and if you do, report back here please.

Thanks I’ve just tried it. You are right that the taxiway will follow the terrain. But I think with the correct (looking) 3D object you can bypass this issue.
Since I don’t have a 3D taxi model I tried a bridge and can set its height independent from the groundheight/depth and use it to cross the hole with the pylon in it.

I’m encountering this same issue. Has the SDK addressed it yet?

Can’t the cars be removed in the parking lot too?

I wish they’d fix the power line towers bug. Flatten should flatten everything.

It can. With an exclusion rectangle. But the project has to be rebuilt and opened again.

But probably you already know by now

Exclusion rectangle seems not working for me (after rebuild and reopen)

with excludeAllobjets or every option tagged

Hi, I have the same problem, see:

These power poles are really disturbing the airport creation … hope MS may fix this problem soon :pray:

Neither exclusion rectangle nor polygon building exclude do the trick.

Zendesk request submitted. … point being, we are still desiring this.

Following a lead, there is a way to do this. For the price of some extra effort.

Using a Rectangle (or Polygon) with terraforming, they can be sunk into the ground leaving a hole. Make the Rectangle about 13x13 meters to surround the pylon. (It can be helpful to rotate to align with the terrain to keep the final hole square.) Enable terraforming, set the falloff to 1, if needed ensure the priority is higher than any other then might interfere. Then sink the Rectangle down about 37 meters. At the surface the hole will be about 20 x 20 meters. My plan is to cover the holes with a scenery object: a concrete cap, as if the base foundation of the previous pylon was left in place.
Obviously, if the hole is on the airport grounds, the covering object should be roadmaterial to keep aircraft from falling in. Collideable is an option for certain uses.

1 Like

No, that’s not what flatten is for. Flatten is only for controlling the mesh of the ground.

Polygons and Exclusion Rectangles are for excluding items. I would try both, as the pylons are library items, so it’s possible they can be excluded with a polygon. If they can, they’ll disappear live. Otherwise you’ll need an exclusion rectangle.

Exclusion Rectangles can be rather tricky to use right. I was deleting some parking lot cars, and one set (there were 3 parking lots next to each other) refused to go away until I found the right size for it. It wasn’t obvious how far I needed the rectangles I was using to extend around the parked cars, but, eventually it worked. I’d figure out if it’s possible by using an Exclusion rectangle and make it as big as ALL the towers that have been placed in that line, and have it exclude everything. Then, if it works, turn off options till you figure out which one worked. Then split it up into a bunch of smaller exclusion rectangles along the line of the towers and see if you can get that to work so you don’t exclude too much.