How to remove the trees in the approach path of St Barth ? Doing it with sdk doesn't work

Ok, with debug shapes you can recognize that the Island Is filled with vegetation polygon changing the biomes
You can solve by using and ExclusionRectangle with excludePolygon, the ExclusionRectangle must be over all the points of the vegetation-biome polys.
Now you can use a vegetation poly with scale/density set to 0 and the exlclusion Will work

Without the ExclusionRectangle you can use a polygon vegetation with override biomes , selecting a smaller biomes type (like Scrubs)

2 Likes

Kudos. You have solved it.

This is with the small scrub biome override, normal scrub is still too big. It’s a bit extreme but we may as well be ruthless.

You should be the one to share it with the world.

2 Likes

Naaaa i’ve already had the cookie :sweat_smile:

Dunno the world was waiting for all those tree cuts,.given that lot of simmers were complaining about the lack of them :laughing:

Anyways, go with the mod if you can, meanwhile you can add a windsock near that roundabout and a little Cross, haven’t seen in msfs but noticed them while checking the heights of the trees in the nearby, there are nice Google street view image for some inspiration

Of course, the inability to set tree density to zero when additional biomes are applied Is something that i would report to Devsupport :nerd_face:

1 Like

You guys are legends !!! Thank you I am going to try it. If someone wants to also publish a mod on flightsim.to or somewhere else, please feel free. I think this will help the world !

I’m just doing that now.

I’ll add a separate version with a static Twin Otter and Islander in a day or two.

1 Like

It looks like all of the wind socks are missing. There’s another at the other end.

I’ll do a different version with some 3d models including the cross as I assume most people only want the fix.

1 Like

Thank you that’s amazing

There we go. A bit crude but it’ll get the job done.

2 Likes

There is another possible issue with this airport. In my opinion, the hill is too steep. There’s not any regular car that could climb the slope Asobo built. This also makes an impact on landing here in the sim. If you fly down the slope (as they do in real life), you may be coming in too steep, which means too fast, which leads to longer in the flare, and more chance to end up in the drink!

2 Likes

Actually, i think that the default biomes override are off too, looks like they did not use the tropical type,.infact i can’t see much (if any!) palms tree there

There are some palm trees hiding in the back, but it doesn’t look very tropical. The real place also has some cacti, which works better in this than the scrub option so I’ll change it.

As for the hill to me it looks accurate enough. In the real life videos it looks steeper but that’s probably the filming angle.

1 Like

You can’t remove them but you can thin them out. There’s a mod called Shorter Trees I have, by a fellow called Adnan Arif, which makes them smaller and sparser. I find the trees way overdone, round my way (England) where the trees are fairly sparse and erratic, one tree in real life causes a small forest to appear. It’s a pain for GA VFR if you want to use the roads.

Here is a quick shot from the cockpit of my BN2 islander on final in St Barths with @PinkPanteees mod

Now we are talking !! Thank you soo much !

Can you see the wind socks alright from that side? The vegetation seems to be creeping back even though it’s officially been slapped around.

I think turning the whole surroundings to cactus should cure it properly.

1 Like

In the current screenshot you can’t see the windsock, but I can confirm it was there (although hidden a bit in the trees but it was there). I saw it. Thank you for your work

Here is another approach

1 Like