How to see ACTUAL route flown (during/after flight)?

I’m flying around IFR in the standard C172 w/ Garmin G1000. During, and after, a flight I’d like to see my ACTUAL route flown to see how steady my (hand-flown) courses are, etc… Is there any way in the Garmin G1000 to see this ‘breadcrumb’ trail (it would seem like an easy and useful thing to have), or is there any other way to see it in the sim. It would also be nice to be able to see the altitude profile of a flight, for similar reasons. Any known options for this on XBox? Thx.

Paul.

2 Likes

I recommend getting Little Navmap. With this, you can not only create a flightplan to import, but also have realtime tracking of your plane so you can compare actuality to ideal.

1 Like

A second recommendation for LittleNavMap here. Not only will it breadcrumb your lateral route but it also does it for vertical on the flight plan elevation profile.

If external solutions (add-ons) are an option: Sky Dolly records your flight (for the main purpose of replay) and supports several export formats:

While the CSV (comma-separated values) data lets you do your own „number crunching“ and visualisation (e.g. altitude profile) in your table editor of choice the KML (Keyhole Markup Language) format lets you visuslise your flight e.g. in Google Earth. The visualisation is currently very basic: only the flight path(s) are shown.

Another open source tool that exclusively records your flight for KML export is:

The exported KML data is augmented with „events“ such as flaps in/out and stall warnings etc.

However Sky Dolly also supports export in the IGC (International Gliding Commission) format. As the name suggests in real life that format is mostly used by flight recorders in gliders - but Sky Dolly doesn‘t stop you from exporting your flight flown with a 747 either :wink:

There exist various web sites and tools that import your IGC data, analyse („number of 360 degrees turns“ etc.) and visualise your flight, e.g.

https://e-logbook.org/

P.S. I just realised the „xbox“ tag: MSFS on Xbox does not accept „SimConnect“ (network) connections from remote clients, so external applications (running on PC) such as Sky Dolly won‘t be able to communicate with MSFS on Xbox.

No, all external tool options use SimConnect which is unavailable on Xbox.

Oops, completely missed the Xbox stipulation. Cancel my recommendation for LittleNavMap then.

I would recommend FsHub: you get live GPS, flight report, analysis, vertical and lateral profile, statistics, profiles, and only if you are interested, also virtual airlines, flight planning and many more.
And most importantly, a working logbook!
And it’s 100% free.

Thanks - I know of LNM, but I understand it isn’t available for Xbox.

Note that the thread is about Xbox, which doesn’t support SimConnect.

On Xbox, there’s no way to see that info. Once your flight is done, the data is gone forever.

:frowning:

(10 characters)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.