How to set monitor refreshment rate

n graphics option “frame rate limit” I have “monitor refresh rate…”
I understood that it replaced what was before. that being what is the value to select 30,50 or 100?
my monitor can go up to 144hz but I don’t know what to choose
previously I limited to 30 IPS

Thank you for your help

Vsync on and 100% refresh rate = 144 max FPS .
50%=72 max fps.
33%= max 48 fps.

Right now, I do not lock the frame rate. My monitor is also 144 Hz. What would be the advantage of turning on vsync and locking the frame rate?

https://www.google.com/search?q=vsync+should+I+turn+it+on+or+off

Always disabled Vsync before, now turned on Vsync (Screen tearing) Looks great now.

Better overall performance at lower frame rates and you crank up the quality of the scenery more. I run at 50% and I only have a 60 Hz monitor, so in essence I’m locked at 30 FPS and run my settings on Ultra.

When I run at 60 FPS for 100%, I get stutters near large airports since it pegs out the CPU. At 30 FPS (50%) smoother as butter around large airport and my CPU doesn’t peg.

I have a 3080ti, I9-11900 and 128GB RAM.

Thanks. I set it to 33% with my 144 Hz monitor, which seems to work well with the 3080 and 5900X. I do not check frame rates with MSFS like I used to with other sims. As long as things look good and run smoothly, I’m OK,

3 Likes

I use 120hz for montior and 50% in MSFS

Why does MSFS Vsync allow FPS in excess of the selected refresh rate?
Ie I select 50% at 60hz and see 42 FPS…….when I do this in Nvidia CP I get a “hard” 30 or 60fps

I have tuned my refresh rate down of both my monitors to 60hz(windows setting) and I capped my fps to 60fps(gpu driver setting)

A butter smooth experience.

Since two years up until this day I always flew with 144 hz refresh rate. I never go back again.

Cheers Mark

Monitor menu: G-sync compatibility turned on. 165Hz refresh.
nVidia Control Panel: Refresh rate set to 165Hz.
Riva Statistics Tuner: Frame rate capped at 90.
MSFS: Frame Sync On @ 50% monitor refresh.

That (plus all the other system tweaks) gives me a smooth 83 FPS/ 11.11ms latency in low-demand flights like a simple GA aircraft over a desert, and 40 FPS/ 20ms latency in high-demand scenarios like landing at KLAX.

RTX 3090 Ti
5800X3D

Hi. Sorry for disturb but I see you are expert in this topic and maybe you can help me.
My asset is: Ryzen5 3600X, Nvidia RTX2060, 32 GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 500 GB SDD, curved monitor 2560x1080 144 Hz.
What setting do you recommend me to get the smoothest experience in terms of FPS?
Kind Regards

So, what if you have a 240hz monitor on DX12 and frame gen on does it make a difference with 33, 50, 100%?