How to set PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:x values

I have been struggling to set payload weights, or even get the number of payload stations, using c#. Setting fuel works fine so I at least understand the basic concept, but when I try and set payload station weight it doesnt have any effect, and when I try and get the count it get an error of UNRECOGNIZED_ID.

After setting up the DataDefinition I use the following code:

DoubleProp payload1 = new()
            {
                value = 15.25f
            };
            SimConnect.SetDataOnSimObject(DataDefinition.PayloadStation_1, SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER, SIMCONNECT_DATA_SET_FLAG.DEFAULT,
                payload1);

Anyone have any ideas on this? It’s driving me nuts. Thanks in advance.

I thought I would post an answer to my own question in case anyone else stumbles across this. The answer is that it does work, it just doesnt show up in the weight configuration UI in game. If you do something crazy like put 6000 pounds in the 5 cargo slot on a 172 you will see it wheelie. If you just add 100 pounds to a cargo slot you may not notice it at all. If you do a get on the total weight you will see your new weights reflected, just not in game.

2 Likes

Are you able to see the simvars?

Can confirm … getting and setting weight by Simconnect API works well, but it doesn’t show these values in the ingame Fuel and Weight toolbar :nauseated_face:

Also the simvars of every payload station will report back the correct new values. But the values in the ingame gui does not.

1 Like

Bump. This needs to be fixed. Passenger weight stations can be set but the values in the fuel menu don’t update.

This is something I need to deal with on the da62x

Earth to Asobo… Paging Asobo. Anybody?!? Do you read your own forum?!?

SEVEN SIM UPDATES AND THE PAYLOAD MENU STILL DOESN’T UPDATE WHEN “PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT” IS SET.

If next sim update doesn’t include a Fuel/Payload menu fix, I don’t want it. Pathetic this issue still exists.

2 Likes

And the issue persists…

1 Like

Imagine having a dev team that literally doesn’t even read the forum categories that specifically relate to the dev team.

the in game menu pages are HTML. Perhaps there is a way to force it to update?

Has anyone checked SU9 beta? It probably still isn’t fixed. I don’t feel like wasting the bandwidth downloading it.