How to set trim on flight sim - xbox series x controller

I am on x box series x

Device is x box series x controller

Plane is cessna 152

Pilot assistant options - set to hard

Say I am at am altitude of 2000 feet. How do I set the trim using the x box series x controller only ?

Which button press or presses do I need to use

So that once the trim is set, I don’t have to keep adjusting the right stick up and down to fly in a particular direction. This results in wildly fluctuating speed and altitude when flying in a particular direction - which hopefully the trim setting using the x box controller will avoid. So in theory I want to be able to enjoy a smooth flight at stable altitude and speed without having to continuously adjust the right stick

Thanks

1 Like

It’s been awhile but I’m pretty sure you hold in RB then forward or Pull in your Right Stick. Be wary because if you push forward or back for too long, it accelerates the trimming inputs. A series of quick jabs or pulls at the stick will see smaller more precise actions.

Be wary of your throttle level as well as this needs to work in concert with your trimming on your desired outcome. The trim helps keep you in a hands free level type flight yes but also helps control speed as well.

1 Like

I know of no way to set trim with the xbox controller without assigning/binding a custom button. What I have done in the past was set trim in the plane itself.
May I recommend getting a cheap MS keyboard. This will open a larger set of controls.

dw

1 Like

Exactly what I did, I got a chatpad and have separate up and down trim buttons.

1 Like

My trim is RB+A for up and RB+B for down.

I think this was as standard.

Failing that you can Left click the left stick, highlight the trim wheel, click on it and press A for up or B for down.

Hold Y and press up and down on the D-Pad.

1 Like

Moved to #self-service:basic-gameplay-help which is more appropriate :+1:

Post removed by author

Hi, Just thought I would add my setup. I use the Elite 2 controller along with a wireless NUMPAD. The elite is great as having the 4 extra paddles underneath, The larger ones I have added my flaps and the 2 smaller ones for Internal/External View and tuther for gear up/down. so with this set I don’t need to move my thumb or fingers from the sticks. Now the number pad I have set up for ATC as I have no table and I can just have that beside me. Also set the trim on the PLUS/MINUS keys. Works a treat.
a

2 Likes

how in the world are you getting the paddles to be recognized? On my xbox it does not see them as extra input and on the xbox i can only assign them to a button that already exists which is frankly stupid. So please, tell me how is this magic done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Post removed by author

A late reply, but if it helps, the default setting on a standard xbox controller is the Right Bumper (RB) + Right Stick up or down.

The problem is you have to hold it, but it’s easy to hold for too short or too long a time and you end up over correcting. I found the only way to really manage it was by turning on the Head’s Up Display (in settings) for both external and cockpit view, so that I can see the Trim setting as a number

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.