How to setup Throttle for TBM 930

Could someone explain how to setup the Throttle/Prop/Mixture Axis for the TBM 930 after the last Update?. I’m using a TQ-6 and can set "Throttle 2 Axis (0 to 100%) I can use Throttle full forward and reverse. But how can I use feather and High/Low idle?

Propeller 1 axis. Pull all the way back to reduce to flight idle. Push forward to set taxi idle. Used to be able to pull back then blip the throttle to set lo idle but that doesn’t seem to work anymore (after latest Mugz mod update not world update)

More for others who may ask why…

It’s an awkward one to simulate because the TBM has 1 lever in a H pattern, but no such lever exists for simmers (yet :thinking: maybe one day) so we have to use a combination of levers and/or mouse control to replicate this.

1 Like

So I haven’t flown the TBM since SU7 changed a couple of things about turboprop controls, but this is what used to work for me. The propeller control would move the throttle lever out of feather but not back into it. Increasing it moves you from low idle to high idle. Somewhere around 100%, the lever moves to the left. At that point, the throttle works normally. To move the throttle back to the right, you need to first move your throttle back to idle, then decrease the propeller control. Feathering requires you to grab the virtual lever with your mouse or controller and move it that way.

I would expect the post-SU7 controls to work the same way but with the mixture or condition lever axis instead of the propeller axis. But, like I said, I haven’t tried it.

This ist Horror. :weary:
Why can’t Asobo/MS not give any info about those changes to the axis? All planes working with TQ-6 from virtualFly without a problem and with the TBM now something changed without info.

2 Likes

This thread could help:

Thanks, but with this Throttle setup the Throttle does nothing since the last update. I’m using the TQ-6 with Spad.Next. Should this setup work?

I’ve wondered the same since getting my Honeycomb Bravo and never spent the time to figure it out

1 Like

After January update the “throttle” stopped moving VISUALLY from outside control. However when you move the controls they do what they are supposed to do :slight_smile: … So I fly the TBM with the same profile and controls and it all works… the only Visual movement that follows is Moving between the Left or Right side and then boing in and out of Cut Off…

Checking in to see if this has been fixed? I fly the improvement mod and use spad.next to bind. Has throttle movement been fixed yet? I see the idle/taxi movement, but no throttle movement when I open it up so I’m assuming it is still broken unless I’m doing it wrong.

Well you can use a vJoy to do it … but no they have not made B-Events linked to the SDK so this throttle will only move using the sim function… or via this method to at least bind it via a vJoy Axis then Move that Axis in spad instead…

No - I can’t use the tbm 930 at all because of this.

2 Likes