How to turn off HDR

My HDR10 setting is grayed out, and I am unable to turn it from off to on. My monitor does not display HDR very well, so I would like to be able to turn it off. Anybody else having this issue?

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

1 Like

I was able to fix it by enabling HDR in Windows settings while the game was running, this made the on/off selectable, and I was able to switch it to off. I then turned HDR back off in Windows settings and it stayed off in game as well.

This doesn’t work for me. My monitor doesn’t support HDR so I don’t have the option to switch it on/off in Windows. Despite the lack of HDR support/option in Windows, HDR is on and greyed out in FS as with OP.

1 Like

I noticed the same
really anoying as bright sun scenes wash out and lose all their colour as the monior cant handle the colour pellet

this is a really bad bug considering 95% or more of the population do not have a HDR monitor.

@B4dd3R @MetroBuffalo291

you can log an offical bug report here, i have done the same. the more people who do it the quicker it might get looked at

just click the submit request button top right

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/

I have an HDR 600 monitor so it looks great however if you want to turn off HDR go into display settings on windows and turn off HDR.

there is no HDR setting in windows if you dont have a HDR monitor

Same grayed out stuck on issue here with no HDR monitor.

This problem has not been fixed with Update 4. Anyone found another solution?

Nope still looking for a way

Same problem also with update 5, lets see what update 6 brings…

In notepad or notepad++ open file UserCfg.opt
File location
C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Edit line
HDR10 1
change 1 to 0
HDR10 0
obraz
and save changes
Run game

1 Like

I think people are confusing HDR rendering with HDR output.

There won’t be a way to disable the former, all modern engines using a PBR workflow render HDR internally. The HDR option only affects the output when using an HDR monitor. It won’t have any effect on a regular monitor, hence it being disabled.

2 Likes

That one worked. Its off now. However the graphic still looks not very nice.