How to use a Xbox controller only for "drone camera"?

Hi,

First I apologize for my approximative english, not my native langage…

I’m enjoy FS2020, with a Thrustmaster HOTAS. I’m using it, with keyboard and mouse and it works fine.
But… I’m wanted to use an XBox Controller only for “drone camera”, in order to walk around the plane at the ground, or to take screenshots in differents point of view when flying.
How can I configure my XBox controller only for that (actually, when I’ve tried sticks up or down the throttle…)

Thanks !

Regards :slight_smile:

You don”t have to configure it. Just switch it On and press ‘insert’ and you should be able to use the drone camera

Oh, only ?
I’ve tried in external view, perhaps it’s because it was changing the throttle…

One other suggestion I have is to unassign any flight control functions from the Xbox controller if you use it for drone/external view only (like e.g. aileron or throttle), that way it doesn’t screw with your flight even if triggered by accident.

Dirk

3 Likes

This is exactly what I done disabled all the control assignments apart from the camera settings.

Ok, thanks.
Si it’s not ready at plug-in, I have to do somes tweaks :wink:

1 Like

Well it is I just removed all the other buttons assignment for airplane controls so had no issue’s as only intend to use it for the camera.

Thanks for all your advises !
Works like a charm :slight_smile:

Re,
It’s not working like a charm indeed…
After closing the game, and restarting, the controller is always reset to default… I’ve got to erase all the controls of the plane any time I’m restarting…
I do a “Save” before leaving the menu but seems to doesn’t work…

I think you need to create a different profile other than the default one to save your Xbox settings
Mine works fine like that, settings are kept and restored each time I start FS

A new profile was created…
I’ll give look tomorrow in case of…