How to use push/pull buttons in A320 on Xbox?

Does anyone know how to use the push pull switches on the A320 on the Xbox version, all I have is the blue highlight but can’t change the autopilot modes unlike pc where you can roll back to legacy?

From what I hear it’s ‘A’ for push, ‘X’ for pull.

2 Likes

Many thanks will try this later, and will reply on post if its successful!

The x and a didn’t work for me
I managed to work out that using a mouse and clicking on the button then using the 2nd mouse button thus switches the mode but regardless I can’t seem to get the neo to allow me to use speed mode, Hdg or vs mode
It only reacts to managed mode fir some reason and I can’t seem to disable it

This is correct. If it is not working for you, then you may need to check you controller binding or rest to default.

Look for Cockpit Interaction in the Bindings. also the one unasdigned. there’s quite some of them if you set filter to ‘all’.

I had this exact problem and had to resort to turning on the dreaded tooltips. For me, I found I had to hold down LMB and click my mouse wheel.

1 Like

If using a mouse instead of XBox controller you have to simulteneously hold the left mouse button down (to keep the button menu active) move the mouse L-R to change the value and press either the middle mouse button or right mouse button to engage the ‘push’/‘pull’ managed/selected modes. Took me a while to figure this out. When you engage managed mode small dots should appear to show you are in managed mode in the small display above those dials.
As said in other posts, with the XBox controller you ‘A’ over the dial to bring up the menu, change it (right stick L-R) and then hit ‘A’ or ‘X’ to choose the mode then ‘B’ to exit the switch menu.

1 Like

Many thanks, tried and now working as you said via pressing mouse wheel! Appreciate the support
Blue skies
Nick

Thanks all for replying
Now sorted using the left mouse button and pressing mouse wheel to change the modes!

Blue skies everyone!

Agreed- using a mouse makes it far easier.

1 Like

Hi Im also new to theis Flight sim.
Im trying to get the A320 Auto pilot to do the simple things like activate using the mouse when highlighting the button. see attached photo.
As Ive read are you suggesting Holding LMB and moving the wheel? at the same time?Processing: Flight sim.docx…
Processing: Flight sim.pdf…

For a better experience, I suggest you to plug your mouse & keyboard, use the joystick only to control the aircraft.

I also suggest you to change power up/down to keyboard.

Yes if using a mouse on XBox to engage with autopilot ‘selected’ and ‘managed’ modes you hold left mouse down AT THE SAME TIME as clicking the middle (selected mode) or right (managed mode) mouse buttons. The same is true using it on PC with the shaded mosue over interface. PC users also have a ‘legacy’ mode where all the shading and this interaction is replaced with small arrows instead. Legacy mode isn’t available on XBox.

Thanks for your reply.
I use a PC so will flick to legacy mode.
I meant to add that the only way to activate altitude using the autopilot is to turn the autopilot on and off then the new altitude changes.

1 Like

You don’t need to toggle AP all the time, it just stays on. Just re activate managed/selected mode after every change that you make to the target altitude dial. If you look at PFD1, the target altitude is shown at either the top or bottom of the climb/descent rate at the right hand side. Target altitude won’t appear there until you engage either managed/selected mode after every change in alt you make with the target altitude dial.
The process all becomes habitual after a while.
I should also point out that Autothrottle needs to be engaged and the throttle stick set to the CL(CLIMB) detent for just about the whole AP mode flight for it all to work properly.

1 Like

any chance you can post some pictures of these “dots”?
thx

If you look at image here the bright ‘dots/circles’ are lit up next to Speed, Heading & ALT indicating managed mode. If they are not you are in selcted modes when AP is engaged.

Thank you. Is there such a thing for the 747?

I realize I am posting on 320 thread. Sorry. Hoping someone will point me to a 747 thread with similar discussion
thx