How to use the Multiplayer OFF (Group Only) option

A couple of days ago, I tried creating a session together with a friend where our goal was to only see each other but no one else.

On the Flight Conditions screen, we both picked the OFF (Group Only) option under Multiplayer but no matter what we tried, we never succeeded accomplishing what we were trying to do - to see each other when starting at the same location while not seeing anyone else.

We came as far as sending invites to each other and accepting these invites but in the end, we never managed to get to see each other.

Are there any special tips and tricks how to make this work?

We ended up using the All Players option instead and picked a quite place with no other players. Which gave us the desired result being able to see each other. However, it’s still not ideal since that requires to pick a quiet location instead of being able to pick whatever location you like. Not having to worry about other players at the same location.

Thanks in advance for any tips on how to make this work!

1 Like

Hi,

Normally this happens when you’re in different servers…

Thanks for the tip, will doublecheck next time.

Fact is we did a quick test after I wrote my post above and this time it actually worked. So maybe it just some temp issue or we were on different servers as you suggest.

In general, one of you invites the other to create a group. The group leader sets the parameters off the flight, weather, traffic, etc. Then both select the same departure point, (can be different parking spots, or even different airports if you want to join up in flight).

The only caveat I have noticed has been mentioned above. Be sure you are both on the same server.

OK, didn’t know things such as weather and traffic set on the group leader side will be reflected in the other guy’s session. I thought they were set independently of each other.

How is the invite to a Group sent?