How will msfs compete with xp12?

I realize it’s the talking point that Meyer and his followers like to keep pushing, especially about flight dynamics being supposedly superior in XP, and how MSFS is just about visuals and is a game while XP is all about flight simulation (lol). And understandable I suppose… but it’s useful to educate yourself on what actual non-biased experts have said, especially those who have developed for both sim platforms like iniBuilds who consider the flight model for their upcoming A310 for MSFS to be equally capable and on part with XP’s, and others who understand how the core flight dynamics engines work in both sims: MSFS flight models, aerodynamics, etc

The differences in world visualization/simulation between XP12 and MSFS are way greater than the differences in the core aerodynamics engines… In fact, with the all the upcoming improvements in core flight dynamics as part of SU11 (helicopter physics, CFD driven atmospheric airflow simulation within a 20km cocoon around aircraft, etc) and as ground physics/handling is reworked/fixed, I’d even venture to say MSFS will surpass XP in that area too… as aircraft developers get more familiar with the MSFS platform, it’s only going to get better (but with the initial batch of high fidelity aircraft like the Milviz C310, Fenix A320, PMDG 737, etc with great flight dynamics and systems, the “Simulator” part in MSFS is already delivering in spades.

13 Likes