How's the CTD situation with your sim now?

Tried another long-haul from LEBL to KMIA in the 787:

CTD around 150NM before arrival at around 19000ft after 8 1/2 hours…

NVIDIA rollback, no rolling cache, no mods, 20gb pagefile

Quite frustrating… Never had CTD’s before since launch except the known issue with atc voice…

That seemingly helped me too

1 Like

You said no mods does that include the 787XE mod?

Yes never used the 787XE…

Update guys…Only thing I changed was the power plan to Ryzen High Performance. No crash in the last flight.

Since it seemed to crash at exactly the same time, and someone mentioned (here?) that the power plan can turn off USB and cause a crash, that might have been it.

Of course it may crash on the very next flight so who knows.

This update has turned into the version of 737s that crashed in the early nineties upon approach from about 4000 ft. No one could figure out the reason until extensive investigation.

Ubtil this latest patch, the only CTDs I’d had was the stupid VFR map bug that was introduced with the Japan update, Everyone was getting that. Otherwise, I was rock solid.

Until this update. I’ve had multiple crashes per day for no apparent reason. Sometimes I’m doing IFR, sometimes VFR. Sometimes I don’t even have a destination. It just crashes because it’s Sunday.

It’s been worse today for some reason. I’ve yet to be able to finish a single flight without crashing when I’m arriving at my destination.

Short update: Completed a 3,5 hrs flight from KATL to TNCM today…
Turned off Real-time-traffic and AI traffic… No CTD

Maybe random success, maybe not… I’m on the way from TNCM to EDDF now.
Will inform you in about 9 hours if CTD happens as usual during approach.

@Yeti64
Thanks for your help! When you mentioned a problem with my instrument panel(s) I remembered that during the upgrade on 12/22 I actually installed the aircraft first because it was available first, then I installed the program upgrade about an hour later.

Now I deinstalled the whole program and reinstalled the upgraded program first THEN the aircraft. Now I’ve been flying for about 5 hours and no more ctd’s!!!
I believe the problem’s been resolved! Fingers are crossed while I thank you again.
All the best.

No CTD or freezes since dialing back my CPU overclock about 6 weeks ago. On the weekends I load the sim in the morning, fly then park for a while (repeat several times), then shut it down at night without closing the sim once. It’s running rock solid.

Had one today, literally 1 second after I glanced at this thread title in the general discussion section!! Was about 2 hours into a flight from Paris to Rio, but had sim rate at x4 and the plane (787) was going a bit crazy. First one I’ve experienced for a while.

I’m also in the camp of never had a CTD before this update (well, maybe a couple, very early on). Here’s something to look at though; I’m running FSUIPC7 and when I had the last CTDs I looked at the log that FSUIPC7 produces. Same event triggered both CTDs, both SimConnect errors.

Here are the SimConnect events:
Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Traffic Message, return = 0xC000014B
Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Message, return = 0xC000014B

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I’m having CTD every single flight after the latest update on the APPROACH phase. :frowning:
I haven’t had CTD since September. I’m so disappointed.

Context:
Live traffic
Live weather
no overclocking
i9, RTX 2080

No CTD’s for me. I cleared my Community folder prior to the update, no hardware overclocks, using latest NVidia drivers and Windows patches. I do use Little Navmap (local sim computer) and Sim Dashboard (Android tablet), both utilize Simconnect.

Win10, i7-9700k, GTX1080ti, 32GB RAM, MFS installed on NVMe, rolling cache 16GB on NVMe.

Just finished 9 hrs TNCM to EDDF without CTD…
Turning off Live Traffic / AI Traffic seems to be the solution for me.

Have completed a few 45 minute - 1 hour flights yesterday without crashes. I had an issue with stuttering, but I managed to resolve that by restoring my previously set nVidia Control Panel graphic tweaks to default and it ran buttery smooth afterwards.

Most settings between ultra and high. I7-9700k / RTX3090 / main installation on SSD with rolling cache on secondary M.2 drive set to 64gb.

1 Like

Just another theory:

• I always use FSUIPC in combination with PACX -> CTD’s with live traffic enabled
  • Another topic in the forum describes that live traffic in Little Nav Map is causing CTD’s
  • As @jaybird1nyc described the FSUIPC log fails on simconnect for some traffic reason
  • No CTD’s last two flights with real time traffic disabled

Could be something wrong with real time traffic?
What are you thinking about?

1 Like

“Could be something wrong with real time traffic?”

It is certainly a good possibility. My last 4 flights went fine with all traffic OFF, no real-time or AI.

Do you have the same SimConnect errors in your FSUIPC7 log? (after a CTD, obviously)

No it just says “9788812 MSFS no longer running - exiting” and “Maximum AI traffic for session was 69 aircraft”… Maybe due to logging level…

So maybe real time traffic or the sdk for triggering it…

Doing a short trip right now from EDDF to EHAM and over night EHAM to KATL… Both without using FSUIPC and traffic enabled again…

Oh ■■■■, I was sorta hoping you had the same error. I’m not using any special logging level, just default. Here is a cut and paste of my log file just before a CTD:

1184062 System time = 26/12/2020 10:48:07, Simulator time = 10:48:05 (15:48Z)
1406406 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=65762, Param=6157, nGroup=0, fSame=0
1406422 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=65765, Param=-13680, nGroup=0, fSame=0
1406437 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=65762, Param=5732, nGroup=0, fSame=0
1406468 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=65765, Param=-14066, nGroup=0, fSame=0
1406468 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=65762, Param=5512, nGroup=0, fSame=0
1406468 **** Too many TransmitClientEvent errors received! Re-connecting now … ****
1406734 SimConnect_Open succeeded
1406750 Running in “KittyHawk”, Version: 11.0.282174.999 (SimConnect: 11.0.62651.3)
1406750 MSFS version = 11.0.282174.999
1406750 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
1406781 User Aircraft ID 1 supplied, now being used
1406781 C:\USERS\JAY\APPDATA\LOCAL\PACKAGES\MICROSOFT.FLIGHTSIMULATOR_8WEKYB3D8BBWE\LOCALSTATE\MISSIONS\CUSTOM\CUSTOMFLIGHT\CUSTOMFLIGHT.PLN
1406781 User Aircraft ID 1 supplied, now being used
1406781 C:\USERS\JAY\APPDATA\LOCAL\PACKAGES\MICROSOFT.FLIGHTSIMULATOR_8WEKYB3D8BBWE\LOCALSTATE\MISSIONS\CUSTOM\CUSTOMFLIGHT\CUSTOMFLIGHT.PLN
1407109 System time = 26/12/2020 10:51:50, Simulator time = 10:51:48 (15:51Z)
2716640 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Traffic Message, return = 0xC000014B
2716640 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Message, return = 0xC000014B
2719390 MSFS no longer running - exiting

Just hoping someone will recognize these SimConnect errors