HP G2 VR and RTX 3090 Ti workaround available

Greetings,

I just thought I’d drop and line and say that there’s a workaround now for HP G2 headset users with 3090Ti cards. It requires a repeater and DP1.4 (8k) cable. Nvidia is providing these free for now, but they’re currently out of stock. I purchased my own from Amazon and can confirm it works.

Cable Matters Active 8K DisplayPort Repeater, DisplayPort 1.4 Repeater (DisplayPort Signal Booster, DisplayPort Amplifier) for Oculus Rift S, HTC Vive Pro, Gaming Monitors

Accell DisplayPort to DisplayPort Version 1.4 Cable, 3.3ft / 1m, Poly Bag (International), Black (B088C-003B-23)

Both appear to be in stock.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I’m a little confused. Your talking about the cable from the GPU port to the desk top monitor ? I have a RTX 3090 ti, so that effects my HP G2 ? Only problem I get is headset random fad outs.

Is your lost tracking fade to grey option enabled in WMR?

Yes, if I turn it off, I’ll get black.

Any comment on my first question ?

I had connectivity issues with my G2 after upgrading to a new 3090 Ti. Purchased the equipment above and issues are gone. Many many thanks!

1 Like

I guess this fix is only for connectivity error codes in WMR portal.

Your issue sounds like tracking. Maybe room too dark or MSFS window on the monitor too large, try to play it in a smaller window.

I have no connection problems with the 3090 ti. The gray outs I mentioned was also there with the 2080 ti I had before, (sorry I should have said that). The only reason I posted was I didn’t understand how the cable from the card to the monitor effected VR. I’ve ruled out low light issues, but you may be correct with the large monitor that could have an effect on tracking I never thought of that, thanks.

Hi,

the repeater needs to be connected between the computer and the VR headset, not the monitor. Seems like you have a different issue. It is worth trying to play in windowed mode and resize the MSFS window to just 1/4th or 1/8th of the screen (depending on the monitor size).

OK, now I understand what your talking about the with cable . My monitor is on a movable stand, so I’ll just swing it out of the way when in VR, & see if that helps, I was thinking maybe reflection, but idk.

That didn’t help, I’ll try resizing. It happens so random, & it’s not a major problem even though once is too many. Of course it only happens at critical times. I have “Derail Valley”, a train sim, & I’ve destroyed cars after a gray out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.