HP Reverb G2 - advise needed

If you fly single engine GA, give this mod a shot for improved motion reprojection experience

I avoided MR like the plague for a long time because I could not get past the warbling created in front of the propeller. Until I found that others had discovered that you can edit the prop texture to almost invisible (props are too visible in the sim anyway) which nearly eliminates said warbling. Unfortunatley the available mods did not include many of the aircraft I enjoy flying, so I created this mod for every default prop driven aircraft in the sim and the payware aircraft I own.

The mod also attempts to improve the VR camera position in each aircraft as well. Many are very minor tweaks, but quite a few of the aircraft have really bad default viewpoints.

2 Likes

I use Navigraph in VR and it works well. I usually drag it to my bottom left hand side and extend it as much as possible. It has moving maps and can overlay the charts as per the desktop version. Only issue is the shimmering but that is a msfs fault not navigraph.

Regarding the MR warbling I found the latest nvidia driver works well with the propeller although I admit I don’t fly single props much. But I really don’t like the effect around the window and windscreen edges when moving my head, anyone managed to eliminate that? Also things like the EFB look a little like it has edges that moves in waves. Plus I think non MR looks a bit sharper.

yeah, i don’t think your setup allows you full pleasure. I have a rtx 3070 oc paired with a i5-11600 and a gen 4 nvme. I have acheived ultra and high settings at 60 fps or more in dense areas at 5k altitude. Mabe a revisit to your own settings would help to alleviate your woe’s. LOng live the G2.

I have a 3090 and water cooled 10900. So my setup is fine. It’s VR that is the problem. It’s just not ready for prime time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.