HP Reverb G2 issues - frequent Audio disconnect, freeze, reconnect

Not sure if it’s worth a topic unto itself and this seemed like the best place for a Reverb G2 use query.

Question is, when you put on and remove your G2, do you loosen and reattach any Velcro straps?

I have a very snug fit with the straps and am following the advice that I read somewhere that you get the best view if the rear strap is under your occipital lobe (the bulge in the back of your head).

I haven’t been removing and reattaching my Velcro straps at all for fear that I’ll eventually wear them out if I do (I’ve done that with other Velcro straps, e.g., on my down parka).

So my means of donning the G2 is to lever the “helmet” up, press the mask tightly against my face to slightly compress the foam insert padding, pull the rear of the “helmet” down over the back of my head (I hear a bit of creaking as I do), and, Voila’!, I’m good to go. Just wondering if I’m gong to wear something else out instead and whether the Velcro is replaceable with some effort. Looking at the strap setup, replacement doesn’t seem likely. I don and remove my headset numerous times during one VR session because all the controls I want aren’t readily accessible in VR mode, e.g., loading and saving .FLT files, even trying devjack1240’s MSFS-windowed hack: Cannot load/save flight files while in VR - #6 by devjack1240