HP reverb G2 with dead pixels

HI all
My HP reverb G2 is 4 months old and has developed a black spot on the right hand screen.
I have made contact with HP which was a nightmare in its self.
After finally talking to someone via ‘Whatsapp’ explaining my problem and sending them pictures they say it not there problem because it looks like ‘exposure damage’. My headset has been looked after and has had very little use. I have escalated the problem and will keep you posted.

Exposure to what? Cosmic radiation?

Did you open a case with HP? I sent you a message…

I have escalated the problem up the chain, lets see how I go?

This does look a bit more destructive than a dead pixel.

I suspect they might think it was left in the sun (exposure damage). Burning through the lens.

My headset is nowhere near the sun I was using it the night before and the next morning I found the black spot. I only use the headset for MSFS however my son came to my house and the VR got a real work out on Project cars & various video’s. As he and his girl friend had never seen VR before it had maybe 4 hours solid use and we all commented on how hot the headset was getting. That was the most it has been used as I only use for about 30mins a session.

I understand. Mind you, I’m not saying you did leave it in the sun. Heat might also be an issue internally. De-lamination or something. Just saying it looks more serious than a few dead pixels. Which might explain why HP is coming with that ‘exposure’ theory. Not sure how strong their customer support is.

I hope you get it sorted. This stuff is expensive enough.

HI all.
HP sent me the following email

“Please note as discussed the current issue reported on the unit is not covered under warranty, however as an exception we will get the service organized under warranty this time.
I have sent a request to our technical team to initiate the service , kindly let me know once the service completed.”

He told me on the phone it’s not repairable and will be replaced so that’s great.
All good in the end.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.