Huge bloom when focusing on cockpit, bloom turned off

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Nothing there

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Impossible to see out winddows when centre of camera is focused on cockpit. Happens without HDR but it made significatnyly worse with it on. Images are with turned on. It looks as if a nuclear bomb has just been set off beyond the airport. Bloom is turned off.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Camera looking at runway, cant see instruments.

Exactly the same position but camera pointed down slightly.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Look at cockpit at sunset/rise.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Looks realistic to me.
Now they need to add virtual sunglasses.

3 Likes

Must be why when I look towards the general direction of the sun while driving home that I worry that my house has just been nuked and I should turn around right away lol. It’s just annoying when every time the sun is out you cant see the awesome clouds because the entire sky is sun. Ruins all detail when it’s overcast too.

1 Like

Try to turn off EyeAdaptiation in the config file:

1 Like

It just resets back to 1 when I start the sim

I believe it gets set back to 1, when parameters are saved in the UserCfg.opt file, when MSFS is closed via its menu system.

One way around this is to start MSFS with a bat/cmd file, and there, before starting MSFS, do a search/replace on the UserCfg.opt file.

This is what I use … (remove the .pln - its a Text Cmd file, so you can check it yourself before running it)

BONUS: You get a MSFS Startup Splash Screen :+1:

MSFS2020SplashScreen.zip.pln (67.4 KB)

( yes, the search replace is very CRUDE, but it works, and is “simple” – and easy to EDIT !!)

1 Like

I tried setting the file to read only which I imagined would have the same result, however even though it didnt change the file it was still doing the same thing. Also, I tried changing the setting, started it up and alt-f4’d in the loading screen and it set it back to 1 again straight away. I will try this anyway, thanks!

Yes, should.

It use to work fine … but it seems that after SU4 or SU5, even if the file was as you wanted it when MSFS started, the EyeAdaptation was still set to 1 within MSFS.

There has been enough talk about it, that there should have been a UI control added to control it, and it should retain its value between sessions.

There are some setting on the World Map that can be changed in the UI, but are never written back, so they are always OFF, each time the sim is run ( Unless you Edit the source file in Official !!! )

A lot of UI detail than hopefully be be addressed and fixed – One day.

1 Like

Ok I edited the file to the right paths as I have them in a different place, however it has no effect in my sim unfortunately. It must be intentionally trying to ignore that setting and force it to on.

i have the same “issue”. for some it’s no issue and realistic. for me the effect is at least overdone. and all the most… no options to control it. some time ago they talked about adding a brightness slider, but thats still not implemented.

You need to type Custom in the Usercfg as well if it is not already that, if you have a preset graphics level, it will just run ran that preset and ignore the Usercfg.