Huge problem with Just Flight Piper- solved!

Just bought and downloaded the new Just flight Piper.
However so far nothing but grief!
On the ground trying setting the trim to take off. Does not respond to any trim input at all. Tried to make sure that no auto pilot was on, and electric trim off. No effect at all. Trim will not budge not even with mouse wheel. One airlerons stuck up other down (some times)
During take off the rudder suddenly kicks in and sends me into the grass.
Is it me doing or not doing something wrong,?
Setup Honeycomb alfa and bravo and Thrustmaster TRP pedals. Pretty standard setup. Other planes work fine.
Checked the controls and sensitivity. Looks ok.
Suspect JF new to the sim have messed things up.
Any suggestions?

I had the same problem after the first download, I deleted all the files and reinstalled the unit, that fixed the problem for me.

Thanks for reply. Deleted all the files you say. Only the ones in the community folder? Have read somewhere that it makes entries elsewhere.

I had this problem, and my workaround/fix was this:

Make sure the Bravo mode dial is NOT on VS mode. Switching it to ALT (or any other mode) freed up the “stuck” trim wheel.

There’s an error in the default binding for VS that I was not aware of until I had this problem. See https://youtu.be/bJSBxbmC3Eo for fix details.

2 Likes

Community folder? What does the status on the EFB say?

By default it installs to the one store folder. The second thing I did when I first got it was move it to my community folder, then fired up the sim to find the plane not working, and an odd message on the EFB. Can’t remember what it said. Moved it back to the one store folder and all was good. There is a file in there somewhere pointing to the install location, but i haven’t tried moving things around yet

THANKS quantumbroccoli, alot!!!
You made my day. All issues have melted away just by deselecting vs on the bravo.
The Arrow now flies nicely. I think that this plane has character and not just the well used interior but the whole experience. Cannot wait to get to know it better.
Thanks again.

Glad to help!

Happy flying!