Huge problem with NORTH airport!

So. I made flight to CYLT airport (very north of Canada)
And this is hardest expirience for me. Because.

1. Airport has no lights it RW. Any. Just ground texture.
    (custom date with day for example)

this is real time landing
  2. No any NAV. Landing only visual.
  3. As its north - there is no daytime in this live time. So, i land like blind kitty. (actualy just drop plane to ground)
  4. And very big problem - MAP not moving!!! VFR/GARMIN any. My map freeze after middle of flight and no more moving to north!!!
  1. It’s a dirt runway with no markings or lights.
  2. Navigraph says there should be RNAV on 23 (but we know MSFS does not use that)
  3. Expected :smiley:
  4. MFD is stuck and shows me in the same wrong place, the PFD seems to work though. No runway visible on PFD though.

4 is a bad bug :expressionless: 2 might be fixed in a few years :stuck_out_tongue:

No mods installed.

As you can see - there is PAPI lights. But no in game

Not according to the MSFS/Meteobluenav (whatever it is called) data :smiley:

If I remember correctly, the Garmin MFD is essentially just the VFR map with a few extra layers, as such it has the same issue as the VFR map in that it cannot display above 60 degrees north latitude. If you fly east/west you should see it track, and once you fly far enough south you should eventually show up in the MFD again.

Yep =) But i mean in real it’s exist
https://skyvector.com/airport/CYLT/Alert-Airport

Garmin G1000 have some limitation:

NOTE: Terrain data is not displayed when the aircraft latitude is greater than 75 degrees north or 60 degrees south

Garmin G3000 has less limitation:

NOTE: Terrain and obstacle alerting is not available north of 89º North latitude
and south of 89º South latitude. This is due to limitations present within the Terrain
database and the system’s ability to process the data representing the affected areas.

But in game we can remove limitation isnt it? Or Asobo can perfect simulation only for limitation? =)

Must be wrong IRL, MSFS nav data is 100% correct. They would never lie to us. :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: The above is sarcasism if it was not clear to you

2 Likes

At least the airport lights can be solved in the SDK. How hard can it be to add some lights? (probably very hard)

Maybe with next week’s update we will get to see the airport wizard in the SDK.

Edit: I also noted another bug, pressing B did nothing, just left it on the default. This caused the AI copilot to aim 500ft lower than it should have (another longstanding bug).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.