Hunters - the gathering in the alps

ready to ride the Hunter in his natural habitat - the swiss alps?
ready for some low-level flying trough the valleys, over the glaciers and mountain passes?

Server: WEST EUROPE

Weather preset: few clouds

Aircraft: Hunter https://flightsim.to/file/35150/hawker-hunter-package

Flightplan:
LSPM-LSGS.pln (9.7 KB)

Description: Take off at LSPM Ambri in the “ticino” right at the foot of the Mountain pass St. Gotthard / San Goddardo. After a steep climb following the old route over the pass north bound.

Staying low in the valley passing “Andermatt” and “Altdorf” hitting the south-east end of lake lucerne.

Following the lake trough it’s narrow turns due to it’s clacious nature passing by the “Rütli” ( the Mythological founding grounds of switzerland).

After cutting through the narrowest part of the lake in a zig-zag by the “untere nas” and “obere nas” heading south west to Alpnach LSMA with a beautiful but tricky approach over the lake.

Heading further south west following the slightly narrowing valey broken by two smaller lakes towards the “Brünig” pass.

Right after the pass Meiringen LSMM awaits for a quick break before heading to the “Grimsel” further south.

Fly by the reservoir lakes of the “Grimsel” turning for the “Oberaar” glacier
Maybe a short stop by the Munster airport LSPU already in the “Valais” region of the alps.

Heading west with a slight turn to north crossing the “Aletsch” glacier and zipping low into a side valley with a narrow end wich leads back to the main Valley of the “Valais”.

After that we’re on an approach to Sion LSGG - our Destination.

All Airports on this route were and some still are active military Airbases of the Swiss Air Force

1 Like

Howdy folks! I am at LSMM now.

What is your name tag in MSFS?

Maybe not the best way to host a group flight… I never found it. Luckily I found a F-16 pilot (LIAR4GIVEN) to be my wingman.

I would have joined but I just saw this