Hype Performance Group’s EC 135 helicopter

you have a hellicopter NOW!!! an airbus H135 https://buff.ly/3r2lq0T

Yeh cheers for that. Lol. Read the thread above. You’re only 2 months out. Lmao

I don’ t know when you tested it last but they are updating it on a 6 day programme at the moment and pre release version .82 is very good and at least FSX standard now.

It is not perfect but its perfect for what MSFS is being an eye candy flight sim .

If I want better physics I will go to X Plane 11 or aerofly so i use them all and its good to finally have the choice to fly rotary in MSFS.

The last version I can get an auto rotation happening and its quite a good effect and the start up sounds and process is awesome now and the graphics is 10 times better than 6 weeks ago.

if you keep an eye on the pins in their discord channel they are updating vitually hourly
and its getting better by the hour .Even IRL pilots (choppers)are saying its verry good

1 Like

I am a 22/44 and a 206 rated commercial pilot , low hours as its a fun professional hobby but never the less I agree its got all the basics and a bit more now. I have no doubt if you can learn to fly this on advanced in MSFS it would make light work getting into a real chopper. It’s not X plane but X plane isn’t a real chopper either as you need that feeling of inertia in the seat of your pants to anticipate controls responses as I feel inertia well before the aircraft changes attitude . This H 135 is a very good simulation and it has well exceeded my expectations so far by miles!

5 Likes

yes… I had no critism at the H135 (in special it is currently for free). What is needed is a special flightmodel for Helicopters and much better for each Helicopter seperatly. But if I see what the current existing (one) flightmodel for airplanes all not computes, what is necessary for Heli, then my hope run into a little crisis…

And of course it’s not only the flightmodel. It is simulation of the chooper itself. I’m used to it from DCS that each switch is simulated, that you need to read the manual before you can start or fly… I started the H135 without any knowledge about. I know, there are much users which don’t want this kind of simulation ( similar to the airplanes ), but then we have not a MSF - “S” , instead we get a “G” (ame).

And after the basics all the additional stuff is necessary, like missions, heli-pads, etc… a long way…

PS: also X-Plane is not perfect for choopers ;)…

I was talking to my helicopter pilot friend. He said DCS is the best helicopter simulator, most authentic flight dynamics, physics.
Flight Simulator needs the same helicopter physics and flight dynamics as the DCS simulator …

2 Likes

Please try H135 version 0.83, see HPG H135 Helicopter Project for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS . It works fine with Xbox One controller. Or stay in your negative bubble.

1 Like

Just a small sidenote: The H135 surpassed 100.000 downloads today and right now, this thread has 974 votes (and climbing on the wishlist ;))

4 Likes

You need to take those 100,000 votes with a huge pinch of salt.

I believe that is counting with all the downloads from all the versions. There are 16 changelog entries, which means a lot of folks are counting as 16 downloads.

It has been downloaded 100,000 times, total, for all vesions, not by 100,000 users. I alone must have counted as 12 downloads or so.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

Just popping in to say we appreciate the positive feedback and enthusiasm regarding our H135 :slight_smile:

I personally want to make it clear that our team is very supportive of Asobo’s development process and that our project was in no way intended to one up them or bring negative critique their way.

Sergio’s follow-up article on our project did a good job of summing up our motivations for our H135 project.

We are all huge fans of Asobo and the technological achievement MFS 2020 is and just like you all we are eagerly awaiting their official implementation of helicopters and helipads.

Happy flying!

10 Likes

HPG’s H135 is a work in progress. There are areas that are not perfect but I for one am thrilled that we get to fly it and watch it develop.

@HypePerformanceGroup, you folks rock. We love you.

3 Likes

And the proof is here to see, hovering and getting close to inspect and record great scenery , is made possible.
Only missing my Co-pilot which I am finding it very difficult and impossible for me to install.
with my thanks and best wishes.

2 Likes

yeah… Las Vegas from very close… :

( for interesst: link to the YT video hint: choose 4k !)

Have I mentioned that we need Helicopters ? :rofl:

I have a lot of respect for the Hype helicopter development team. The work of the Hype team highlighted the importance of helicopters. The interest in helicopters is huge.

Asobo made a big mistake in not releasing the helicopters. I don’t understand … Of course I’m not alone with this …

1 Like

Yep… Plus that encourages more people to vote for Helicopter! We’re breaking 1k vote now!

I am really looking forward to see once helicopter flight physics introduced to the sim, will 3rd party devs like Nemeth etc step up to the calling and bring their FSX helicopters to MSFS with realistic flight models?

I’m waiting for their Agusta 109 and EC120 to be brought to MSFS with realistic flight model. Also waiting for B407 (Dreamfoil?) and MD500/530 as well…

2 Likes

To get your co-pilot go to
g:\MSFS2020\Community\hpg-airbus-h135\Simobjects\Airplanes\H-135 DEV SERIES PROJECT\model\ open H135_Exterior_LOD00.gltf with notepad. Search for PILOT_X change X into 0 (zero) save the file and now you have your co-pilot sitting next to you (on your left)
g:\MSFS2020\ this is my location where i have MSFS2020 installed change this where your MSFS2020 is installed. Note that i am NOT using the Steam version but the Store version.
Regards, Bouwe

1 Like

The pointt was, it is not easy to do that :slight_smile:

The description howto made it , can all users find within the “ADD_REMOVE_COPILOT_README.txt” which is contained within the mod package.

EDIT: correct file name “Airbus H135 Quick Start Guide.pdf” → “ADD…”
EDIT 2: in 0.84 it is described in “Airbus H135 Quick Start Guide.pdf”

Thank you very much.
It worked fine thanks to your clear instructions.
I also today downloaded the latest version of the Helicopter V .0.84 and the instruction in it for pilot installation is different as it is through addition to the aircraft CFG. It works OK too. However I think your way is a bit easier.
Regards and best wishes

1 Like

There are also other sites where people are downloading it from ( I know this annoys the developers ).