I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - non ascii windows 10 account name

Again - thank you for extremely quick response.
And I see your point of spreading same topic in several threads.

If a bug fix is depend on number of votes , this issue is doomed.
A qualified is that number of users with ÆØÅ letters are 0.000001 % of total. And most of them are Xbox gamers that have already moved on to next game.

I will warn Scandinavian FB flightsim groups about this.
You may be stuck with only one aircraft that works - the Carenado Mooney with Garmin GN530 mod added.
Yes - it is worth it - but do not delete your current simulator .

Now I am fed up being a beta tester . Signing off for now and do something fun - do some cross country flights in the Carenado Mooney

Lucky - I was invited to file a bug report. -Done

For me , personally , a minor issue.
As a serious simmer , I plan the route from scratch in the Garmin530 (the 530 mod is recommended) with no issues.
With SkyVwctor and Approach plates, creating and flying the route is very realistic and immersive.

About CUSTOMFLIGHT
When I start a first flight, the software creates a set of 4 files named CUSTOMFLIGHT (.FLT,. FLT.FSSAVE, .PLN and .SPB) in the CustomFlight folder
C: \ Users \ xxxx \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ LocalState \ MISSIONS \ Custom \ CustomFlight.
Then each time I want to start a new flight it is always the same flight (CUSTOMFLIGHT) which is launched!
If I want to avoid this I have to

• delete CUSTOMFLIGHT files
  • or to save and then reload the new flight but I no longer have access to the Weather forecast in flight.
    Why does the software keep the first flight and not delete it?
    How to avoid this?

The flight is saved automatically at the start of each flight to provide the user the ability to restart their flight any time during the flight or when their flight has finished. There isn’t any way to avoid this feature.

The problem that everyone is having is that if the user doesn’t want to restart the flight, the files are not deleted and interfere whenever a user created saved flight is restarted.

Thank you for your explanation.
I understand the reason for saving so that we can restart a flight.
The problem I am having is that if we save another flight, under another name and in a different location, when running the FLT it is not possible to change the weather.
But I fixed the problem by deleting the CustomFlight file.
It would be better if the software offered erasure when you have finished a flight and come back to the main menu.

Hi @franchimoise,
See my post above as to why this is happening:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/i-cannot-load-any-different-airport-and-plane-always-the-same-airport-and-same-aircraft-non-ascii-windows-10-account-name/302113/87

Currently there’s 3 work arounds (one of them I would not suggest).

1. Create a new user account on your PC that does not have any non-ascii chars
  2. You will have to manually delete those 3 files every time you use MSFS
  3. NOT RECOMENDED: This does work but will cause other issues
    See this post:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/i-cannot-load-any-different-airport-and-plane-always-the-same-airport-and-same-aircraft-non-ascii-windows-10-account-name/302113/78?u=hester40mt
    And this post:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/i-cannot-load-any-different-airport-and-plane-always-the-same-airport-and-same-aircraft-non-ascii-windows-10-account-name/302113/79?u=hester40mt
1 Like

Hi Hester40MT
Thank you for your answer.
After a lot of research I found solution 2 on my own.
I had found another solution which was to save the new flight with a name in a personal folder and to reload the FLT file before starting the flight.
But with this solution I lost the possibility of modifying the weather forecast during the flight.
Now that I know the origin of the bug I no longer ask myself any questions and I systematically erase the CustomFlight folder before each new flight.
… Until Microsoft or Zendesk takes into account the report of the bug!
Sorry if my English is not perfect. I am French and I use Goggle translator to correspond.

I fix mine as the following:

1st: In-Game: Turn Bing maps off in Options->Data. It will disable the Bing Map and enabling the loading of the game.

2nd: If your Windows system setting is coded with non-English language, it will cause the glitch. **You will need to change your system’s non-unicode setting to English.

PS: I still experiencing CTD during some flights, but not every flight, very randomly.

With non English letters in your username - you have to able unicode - for a different bug:
GPS nav is corrupted.

I have tested and confirmed - reported to zendesk.
BTW you cannot change username …

I have another strange problem that I also think is related to “non English letters in your username”!

What do you think about this? And thanks for your reporting to zendesk.

Correct - same bug.
Planning Dep and Arrival - example a short route distance 20 nm heading south. Time 30 minutes.
In cockpit:
Heading is totally wrong distance typically 3500 nm . Time 28 hours.

Solution:
Program the flight in the realistic way. Pick only departure in sim.
Add route info and arrival in cockpit

I tried your alternative (went into the menu and chose a parking space and then programmed the route in the cockpit and taxied to the runway) but it gave the same results as before ie the plane does not follow the route!

The same phenomenon I described earlier:

1- I create a flight plan in the menu from A to B where the starting point in the flight is a parking at airport A and the engines are running. Taxis out to the runway, lifts and engages the autopilot but the aircraft does not follow the given flight plan from A to B.

2- Starts directly from the runway at the same airport as in the case above and the aircraft follows the given route from A to B.

I tested only once with a default aircraft for confirmation. I never use default planes in any sim.
My preferred aircraft is Carenado Mooney .
Selecting only departure airport on the World - hit yellow Fly button
Enter departure and arrival airport into the Garmin GPS . Works fine.

The same with Aerosoft CRJ - programming FMS.

Did you choose a parking space or a runway before you checked-hit the yellow Fly button?

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT: This post was moved into this topic from:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/loading-error-in-sandbox-mode/384625

Hi everyone, I’m having this big problem since I’ve installed the sim (december 2020, premium deluxe edition):
When I want to change the airplane or the airport, it still remains the same. For example, for the first flight, I selected a the A320 at LIBR and it loaded well, the next time, I selected B747 at LIMC, but the simulator still loads the A320 at LIBR. Actually, the only thing that changes is time, from day to night, but everything still remains the same. I tried to uninstall the simulator and re-install it on the Hard disk and on the SSD, I tried to fix the app with app settings and I tried to contact microsoft support(which said “If the problem persist, contact the developers”) but the problem is still there. My PC is new, I bought it in December, so it is not an Hardware problem.
I haven’t installed mods or community packages and I use a mouse, a keyboard and a PS4 controlled with USB connection.

PC specs:
Intel Core i7-10870H CPU @ 2,20GHz
GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650Ti 4GB
256 GB SSD (the sim is installed there)
1TB Hard Disk
16GB RAM

I hope you could help me! Thanks in advance

Hello, i have mfs2020 installed but i cannot change airports or planes. For example when I want to launch in a certain airport, the game automatically takes me to the airport where I am going when I launch my game for the first time. I have looked at a lot of forums but I did not find help . Could someone help me please? Thank you.

Hi @NexusGaming17,
I moved your topic into this one so a duplicate isn’t created.

Look at my post here (in this topic):
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/i-cannot-load-any-different-airport-and-plane-always-the-same-airport-and-same-aircraft-non-ascii-windows-10-account-name/302113/95

Thank´s I formatted my PC and input special characters in my username, that solution works to me.

1 Like

Pay attention. June 2021 setting Beta UTF-8 cause problems with the flightplan. Dont activate it.

1 Like

Add me to the list of people that this bug is affecting.

Seems like there are a lot of temporary fix suggestions and some that could lead to other problems. I’m unsure what to try.

Would be great to end a flight and start a new one without having to restart the game every time.

My game only started doing this about a month ago but it happens every time.

Very frustrating. What is this “report to zendesk” I read?