I cann't delete default airport

Overwriting An Existing Airport
If the airport you are making already exists in the simulator, you may wish to overwrite it. By doing
this, it will act as if the default airport never existed, and will be replaced by your customized
scenery.

1. Select the airport, and open the properties page.
  2. Under the “To Delete” tab, tick all of the boxes.
  3. Save the scenery.
    You can then build the scenery and reload to see the effect…
    On my case it dosen’t work: I have two icao, two runways, two taxi…I enabled all on airport properties, I tried also an exclusion polygon the same…Solution?

Just curious, in your case, your airport has a regular civilian ICAO or military or other code?

In fact I have now the same issue here with one of the airports I am creating from scratch.

I created 3 custom airports to date in the same area and all of them are Ok. The default airports are deleted (with the delete everything checkboxes in the default airports functions).

However I created one more using the same process, but the default airport is not gone. I still see the default aprons, runway etc despite the fact I enabled all checkboxes to delete everything in the Airport entry (as I did with other airports).

Now the thing is, this airport does not have a regular civilian ICAO like the other ones I did and work fine. This one is a Z123 (numbers are examples). So I wonder if this is the reason.

In fact what I also noticed is that in the World Map, even when I type the code Z123 to search for the airport, it does not find it. It is there on the map and I can select to depart from it on the map. To find it in the list, I need to type the name (not code) or part of the name.

So I wonder if this is related. I am thinking maybe in the case of this airport with a Z123, if we add an airport entry that is supposed to delete everything, a bug is perhaps preventing the sim from knowing the airport location.

I am curious to know if you have the same scenario with the airport code. In this case, I can submit a report on Zendesk.

U have to create 2 airports. One to exclude ('DELETE=TRUE") the default airport, and the new one of yours.

All the best
Hakan

Is this method of creating two airports (one to delete the default and the other the actual new airport you create) still the best option?
If not is there a tutorial for a new more elegant solution?
Thank you!