I decided I need more buttons and screens

So I’ve screwed them together :crazy_face::+1:

The MFD button surrounds are held by velcro so can be removed but often I just leave them on. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Here is the screen with MFD buttons removed.

2 Likes

Multiple screens look awesome!! Props to ya!!

1 Like

Cheers, they work very well. The tablet is 4K so I even I can read the text :joy:

1 Like

I would have popped that cork by now!!!

It was my “reward” don’t want to fly sober. It’s dangerous! :thinking:

1 Like

I was heading in a similar route but without the pads…

3 Likes

2 Likes

I was going to replace the three screens I had with an ultra wide, but in the end I just swapped the middle one out for a 32inch monitor and turned the outer ones on the side. I find the portrait ones great for lots of tasks now!

I did do the same but it just got way to wide!!! I’ve now had to custom build a desk with the 50 inch, and now run the two 24’s seperatly. I’m looking forward to future updates to make more of multiple views!

I like your creativity and practicality of the extra screens. Very functional!!

1 Like

Like for the wine bottle

2 Likes

I have sort of gone the other way.

Over time I have seen that what works for me is to interact with what is right there in front of you, the cockpit in the virtual plane you are flying and that, in principle, you(me) should use the switches, turn the dials in the virtual cockpit using the mouse to the greatest extend possible.

The opposite is ofcause to build a real cockpit with all the switches and dials needed to controll the plane.
However this only makes sense (to me)if you are flying one type of planes or even one particular plane.
This means that I try to minimize the number of switches/dials that I use and use the virtual ones. I also learn how the plane is laid out this way.

For instance I try… not… to use the switches on my honeycomb yoke, but use the ones in the virtual cockpit.
Have the logitech radio panel because the radio dials are just too fiddly, and have ordered the multi panel but are questioning if I really need this (have been canceled since I wrote this)

For this to work trackir is key and since the pause bug have been fixed I just pause trackir and do what I need to in peace and quiet.

This again means that the developer needs to make sure that is easy to interact with switches and dials, which it is fair to say is NOT the case now.

2 Likes

Yeah I get to know the plane layouts quite well as most can’t be mapped or airplane specific anyway. But in something like DCS the tactical advantage of actual MFD with screens and being able to hit operational buttons by touch is a huge advantage. I can then keep my trackIR ir VR eyes out of the window and use real world cursory glances to make changes. Or feel if in VR.

I don’t tend to fly a lot of automated planes theses days. If I do fly a commercial jet it’s all mouse and keyboard. It is fun but I eventually just get back on something without that kind of interaction.

I love that Mentour Pilot is in the YouTube video in the background!

1 Like

Of course! What else! :grin:

1 Like