I don't understand

I never use mods. How do you know there is no memory leak in this game? can you prove it? Are you working at Asobo Studio? nor you debugged this software?

1 Like

You don’t have it all figured out…so quit speaking as if you do.

System specs?

2 Likes

if there was a memory leak, thousands of users would be complaining, there are not.
but ala have fun, greetings.

1 Like

Oh yes we are.

1 Like

Do you know how memory leaks work? The memory consumption increases continuously.
I do not have that I think. No CDTs, no stuttering.

1 Like

Yeah well lucky you. Current theory is that it’s GPU driver dependant.

1 Like

The GPU is responsible for computing the graphics.
The CPU calculates the objects. There are so many in London.
That is the reason why it changes from “Limited by GPU” to “LIMITED by CPU” in scenarios with many objects. In this case the CPU is not fast enough.

1 Like

And how about ‘limited by manipulators’?

Cos that’s what it does during a slow down. And since the update, slowdowns can happen anywhere, not just over Britain.

Here:

1 Like

That’s right. But this is can be a result from slow internet, slow MS Server (because busy) or slow private network. There are many reasons. I describe a scenario without technical problems.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80 GHz (Turbo 4.2 GHz) - Not Overclocked!
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC Edition - Not Overclocked!
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16 GB RAM :eyes: (2400 MHz) (4 x 4 GB Dual-channel up to 2666Mhz) - No XMP
HDD and SSD (Installed on Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB - NVMe
Resolution: 1920 x 1080p, 60 Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (Version 20H2)
Mother-board: ASUS STRIX Z270H GAMING
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
PSU: Cooler Master G650M - 650 W

I prefer to play MAXEDOUT at 150% resolution scale! :eyes:

Can’t wait to make your next post as solution!

It is just my assumption that it. You too! have a great day!

What is your ram? :eyes:

A slow network connection can crash you out as easily as overclocked components.

I’ve had perfectly good half hour to an hour flights all week. Today, my first CTD in several months. But I got a crash dump out of it, and noted references to the TTS module. Notably, I had increased my offline AI traffic, which means ATC was “talking” more. I noted a series of slowdowns during flight, which coincided with ATC communicating with generic AI generated planes around me. Then the crash. It’s fair to say they’re likely related. Azure provides TTS if you have that option enabled.

This isn’t a locally installed standalone sim anymore. The combination of hardware, software and Cloud based delivery of core sim functionality all has to mesh together, everytime, for one to have a flawless flight. If not, then you have to remove as many dependencies as possible and regression test. That’s a very long and tedious but necessary process.

I have 32GB 3200.

With 16 GB your system starts to page memory to disk.

Conrtrol your paging file settings. Where is your page file located?
On HDD it is very slow, On SDD the speed is ok but it does not replace ram.
Paging should always be avoided.

Increase our memory or
Check your settings in MSFS if nessesery reduce some setting which are responsible for memory consumption. I think these are mainly the 5 settings under Anti Aliasing .

1 Like

Exactly. That’s why installed 64Gb RAM and closed the Page File. No problems.

1 Like

Actually Windows depends on the page file no matter how much memory you have installed. Disabling it is not recommended and can lead to serious problems.

Good practice is to leave it on. You can decrease the size if you want.

1 Like

I know. Hope I haven’t misled anyone into removing it without a reason. I’ve been watching for any burps. I only run FS20 by itself. Ram usage is low. My C and D drives are each 1TB. After a few day’s testing without it, I’m putting it on D. The system allocated only about 9200mMb.

1 Like

I have it on my ssd. but its auto configured by operating system.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.