I Flew Over Burlington in Flight Simulator and in Real Life - Detailed Comparison Flight- 4K Cameras

It was gusty, but mission accomplished!

19 Likes

Great video!

Thanks for the video.

Great Go Pro shots and shows MSFS really quite accurate as I am also familiar with the area as I grew up and worked all my life in these areas but never flew other than simulation.

What is interesting the Burlington airport you flew into was the same airport I flew into with Microsoft Flight simulator “The Century of Flight” (maybe 2004 version) from my usual flight from Hamilton as I lived there for many years.

Awesome video!

Great video and great music !!!

How cool to hear this. Thanks for commenting! Isn’t it great to trigger memories from the previous sims! I’m sure you recognized the 403/QEW interchange. That was the coolest part of the flight. Please do consider a subscription to the channel. Many more similar videos in the queue! Thanks again.

Glad you mentioned the music! I worked hard at the music selections. Blue skies!

Great video! Its nice to see familiar territory and how closely they match. Appreciate you putting this together. Your video also gives a good idea of how much gusts and turburlence a small plane can experience even in beautifully clear weather. Perhaps the recent changes are not overdone.

Nice!. Just found this vid obviously :wink: Flew over my house at approx 13:50 video time, over Waterdown. Familiar with Brantford as well as I grew up in Waterford, and was always in Brantford as a kid to my early twenties, to watch movies, hit the bars, bowling.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

1 Like

Super to hear! Glad you left a comment and could really associate with the video. Just finishing up another video comparing Flight Simulator to real life landing at 5 Southern Ontario airports plus a quick trip down memory lane!

1 Like

I’ve been practicing in MSFS between CYTZ and CYHM, and learning about all these local airports I didn’t even knew existed. Great video, thanks.

1 Like

Great to hear! And here are 5 more airports to practice at! CDH6 RWY is only 35’ wide. CYSN is in the beautiful Niagara wine region.

3 Likes

Greetings from Saskatchewan. I really enjoyed these last few videos as I used to live in MIssissauga, and took pilot training at Burlington (CZBA) in 1994. I’ve landed (as a pilot) at both Brantford and St Catharines, and also got to fly (as a passenger) in Chipmunk and Harvards out of Tillsonburg with the CHAA… A trip down memory lane indeed.

But the memories continued with the glimpses of past versions of FS. Yes, I go back to FS4, and have thousands of hours in all versions ever since. FS has been a VIP experience for me (some of you might get that reference - LOL).

There are addon modifications for Brantford and St Catharines at flightsim.to by the way, and good commercial versions of Burlington and Hamilton airports too.

Regards
Kenneth

1 Like

Thank you for the post as it brings back memories of working around the area of Niagara on the Lake and at the GM plant across Hwy # 403.

At that time I had FS2004, the Century of Flight which seem realistic at the time ( never did have the Windows 95 version as at that time I kind wished to go back to DOS 6.4 as Windows seemed more fluff than reliable.

Anyway, Niagara District airport brings back good memories with FS 2004 and I worked on the Southbrook Vineyard directly across Stone Road from the airport.

1 Like

LOL - you keep hitting close to home. Parents grew up in Delhi, as did I till I was 11. That’s Rattlesnake Harbour if we’re getting technical :wink:

Grandmother lived in Tillsonburgh as well.

Nice vid, I’ve been to every one of those airports.
Cheers

Very cool to hear! Nice to receive comments on videos that people can associate with in real life! Rattlesnake Harbour - now I know! Blue skies and thanks!

1 Like