I Found Out Quite a Challenging Approach in France

Hey guys,

Altough MSFS 2020 is still WIP on various aspect, I gotta say we got a bunch of cool things to do in the sim - exploring being my favourite one amongst the others. Sometimes you do find not only some stunning landscapes but also crazy ADs to put your wheels on in the middle of nowhere. During my VFR Tour de France with couple friends, I found this place so I thought it would be worth sharing as it has quite a unique VAC pattern. The ICAO is LFJD.

Let me know what you guys think about this one !

16 Likes

That tree at the threshold :palm_tree: :flight_arrival:
Will visit today and check it out - thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I named him Henry - Henry the Tree. :smile:

3 Likes

Had very good feeling with your cockpit work!

What device you’re use for head tracking?

I’m using TrackIR 4, with my own curves. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great find and superb landing!

1 Like

I learned how to fly in that region and yet I never knew this airport existed even though I few over it hundreds of times. Sure miss those summer VFR flights, terrible weather in winter though :rofl:

1 Like

Tres bien, well done. Great landing, nailed it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It took my like two passes even while flanking PAS VOR to find it. :joy: The surroudings look pretty much all the same.

Now I know why I never saw it in real life :joy: It takes a sim for me to explore where I used to fly :grin:

Same here! 2 passes. Then I cheated a jumped out of the plane with my camera. :shushing_face:

There’s a bunch of them in France! Love them all!

3 Likes

Sweet shots @Parorng ! I’ll take the challenge. Could you give me couple ICAO ? I’d love to check’em out. The smaller & sloppier runway, the better. :smile:

This one is more mainstream, just a peak away of Courchevel but still a very short runway at high altitude surrounded by moutains and trees near the treshold.

1 Like

Some I don’t even know if they have an Icao! Some aren’t ‘really’ even in the sim!
Start at Courchevel or Meribel and fly to Huez FLHU, stopping at all the tiny strips.

Then fly around that area, especially south, load up events.flighttracker.tech and it shows an airplane symbol on all the tiny landing surfaces. They all are landable, but some aren’t recognised by the sim.

Another one, start at LFIP and fly TO LFMB. See if you can find it!!

Notre Dame de la Salette (MSFS has an ICAO set, but I can’t remember it), is actually modelled wrong. The runway shown is for landing only and the takeoff runways go in other directories. I’ll fix it when my SDK runs stable - it keeps crashing on build…
Check this out for that strip. He’s got lots of cool videos!

Here it is in the sim. This is the landing runway. The takeoff runways are behind and to the left of this scene on top of the hill.
Screenshot (1159)|690x388

Enjoy!

That’s some crazy stuff. :rofl: Thank you, I’ll check those out. I assume Notre Dame de la Salette is made exclusively for ULM right ?

Well that’s a Robin on the top!

No it’s not. :wink:

1 Like

Awesome airstrip, I love these hidden gems in the sim. That landing was pure butter, btw. Nice job!

1 Like

That is utterly fantastic! What an amazing moment captured and shared!

1 Like

@Voodooflies2785 That strip is LFPS in the sim. Altisurface Notre Dame de la Salette.
Always keen for a Alps flight!