I have too many planes!

And how many of them do you actually KNOW how to fly? like… what’s your best climb speed, what’s your best glide speed, what events to do out of memory if the engine strikes, etc?

I made that experience in P3D as well, had all kind of addons. Not freeware, there was almost none that was any good. A certain DC-3, but beside that? I had all kind of expensive addon jets, the complete A2A and PMDG lineup, Maddog, FSL, TFDi… And what did I fly and was really good in? The Vertx Da62, The A2A T-6 and the PMDG 747. That’s it. Thousands of € wasted only to “have it”. If you asked me about any emergency or abnormal procedures about that A320… no idea.

DCS has a great Free-to-play programm that lets you test the addons for 2 weeks and then you can decide if you like it and purchase it… or not. That’s what’s missing here. It has saved me a LOT of money in DCS, I have a handful of addons there that I fly regularily… and that I own. In MSFS I simply don’t get them from experience with them in previous sims. No need for me to waste money on an A320 that I know I won’t fly. I have purchased 10 aircraft in MSFS (which is about 400€!!) in 3 years of which I fly 4 frequently, 1 less, the rest not at all. So basically a 50:50 chance. I know the DC6 and the C414 from heart, the Kingair grows on me more and more and the JF Arrow is quite far up there as well. But I could have saved the money on the 737s and the Maddog, frankly. What was good for me in P3D just doesn’t hit it anymore in MSFS and I have become veeeery picky. Saves me from a lot of purchase failures. :smiley:

3 Likes