I havent enjoyed flight sim this much in years!

I’m braced!!

I am jealous I have the Alpha Yoke but not the throttle.Wish they were in stock @MSRP.

I looked at those too, but given that the wife let me spend 500.00 so far to get the Alpha and Bravo, I just didnt want to get something to tide me over, so I have that assist on…lol. One thing I’ve been able to say is these will last me for some time, she seems ok if it’s quality kit. Thus far, anyway :grinning:

I feel your pain. All I did was sign up to be made aware when they came available and had a paid off credit card standing by! I made sure to pay it off again.

That’s freakin’ awesome. Keep at it. So long as you are enjoying it, that’s all that matters.

Great thread. I stumbled upon that freeware Tiger Moth on the weekend. (think I found through a youtube video; it’s that great Ants Airplanes Moth run through the convertor) I had it in FSX, then FSW, but in this sim, what an experience! With a half hour to spare, took it from Pisa to Florence this evening at about 1000 ft. AGL using the fair weather, few clouds preset. That’s entertainment kids!

That’s Awesome! I just flew through the lessons. I think tomorrow I’ll start the flight academy VFR lessons again. Tiger Moth? I don’t know that one, I’ll have to look it up.

Thanks for that, I’ll make sure to take a look!

1 Like

This may sound really odd, but I’m liking it more since I removed the Thrustmaster HOTAS from my desk. I have more desktop real estate, and I’ve mapped the ten-key pad to incremental throttle steps, as well as using the plus and minus keys for “vernier” throttle adjustment. The really cool part about doing that, is that holding the minus key down pulls the TBM into beta upon landing. It has added a new (and very welcome) dimension to flying that particular aircraft.

The Thrustmaster 16000M Joystick, on the other hand, is a fabulous piece of kit. I have numerous essential flight control functions mapped to just about every key available. The actual joystick is very fluid, and the twist axis for rudder control is really nice once you get the sensitivity set and the response curve correct. If you want just one controller (and can find one) I give it five stars. :slight_smile:

Just landed at KPRB in the Carenado 182T after a gorgeous sunset through dusk flight. I know that model doesn’t get much love, but the more I fly it the more I like it. If it had a “six pack” instead of glass it would probably me first choice to fly in the 100nm to 250nm range. (I’ll admit to having a pre-disposition to Cessnas.)

So glad the dev team released the patch when they did. It has everything - on my rig anyway - working beautifully once more. Frame rates are solid; stutters are absent; scenery is fabulous, and the planes are flying again!

Could not be happier!

:smiley:

I love the Cessna’s, probably because that’s what all my lessons were in. I’ve not flown the TBM, it’s one I’ve looked at, but wanted to get a little comfortable with the Alpha and Bravo first. Nor have I flown the Caranado 182T. See? Now I’m going to have to find both of those planes and try to fly them tomorrow.

1 Like

Agreed. Sim has been stable lately and scenery is jaw dropping. I’ve posted a snippet of every one of my flights on my YT channel (13 subscribers! Lol!) for months now. The trials and tribulations notwithstanding, this is a glorious pastime.

I’ve always thought folks that would put out content on YT are fairly brave. I’ve always been a little worried about, I don’t know, crashing while I’m talking or something. :grinning:

that always freaks me out with people doing videos solo in the real plane… stop looking at the camera!

I’ll order mine sometime this month even if I have to wait weeks months

Right?? I would never be able to do that. I remember my first solo, which was three touch and go’s, CFI on the ground with a radio…I got out of that plane afterwards and was so hot! Now I’m seeing 16 year old’s just flying around talking to the camera…I’d croak.

Been there, done that and got a lifetime’s supply of T Shirts for my troubles :joy:

Hmm, that’s something else to consider… :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.