I havent enjoyed flight sim this much in years!

Even as I’m typing this with the keyboard in my lap because the Alpha yoke and Brave TQ take up space on my desk. Even as I only get about 25 FPS…not that I care because it looks fluid to me, I had a ball this morning because I was able to trim the Cessna much easier, didnt have to take my eyes off the monitor as much. It’s been a blast today!

35 Likes

this makes me happy, I am patiently waiting on the Xbox release

1 Like

Yesterday I did an extensive flight through the Zion National Park to Glen Canyon areas and I was completely mesmerized by the absolutely incredible “simulated” detail of these very complex and gorgeous areas. It simply could not have been more enjoyable. I even had to call my wife to come and look at the amazing detail. So, to repeat the headline here - I haven’t enjoyed flight sim this much in DECADES!!!

11 Likes

Here before the Xp11 departure announcements and other derailing posts. This positive thread will make their blood boil. Brace for impact!

9 Likes

Nice mate! Sounds good!
My Alpha should arrive tomorrow. Hoping the Bravo will be available soon again.

Do you have rudder pedals?

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more
I’m still flying almost everyday, sometimes just for some scenic escape and sometimes to try something new or learn something new.

I’ve recently discovered the smooth track app, for head tracking using my mobile phone… it’s brought another level of immersion and looking around in this flight sim is so rewarding :relieved:.

Happy flying!

2 Likes

100 percent agree! I’d never tried a flight sim before Christmas when Flight Simulator was made available for VR. Now I have a complete flight cockpit with a Playseat Airforce chair, Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, The Thrustmaster TPR pedals, and a Saitek Radio. I’m also now broke but that doesn’t matter as apart from the day where I have to go to the office I have no need to ever leave the house again!

4 Likes

I too am loving the sim right now. On leg 56 of my round the world odyssey and now with the GR91 and th CRJ, the sim keeps getting better and better.

3 Likes

I do not have rudder pedals. For a couple reasons: 1 I have a slight disability in my legs so I’m concerned how that will work, we’ll see. 2 and possibly the more important reason, now I want the Charlie pedals! I’m a sucker for a good ‘system’. Hopefully your Bravo gets to you soon. I was about to lose my mind waiting on it last weekend. Cheers!

Nice! That sounds awesome.

1 Like

Wait! What?? How’s this work? What is this wizardry you speak of??? Do you have a link you’d care to share?

I feel your pain, I havent been back to the office for a year, so now I’m feeling like I dont have to leave. If I could figure out a way to do the flight sim, snowrunner and work all from one area, I’d be good.

3 Likes

Bring 'em on!

1 Like

You can find a few options in this useful post.

2 Likes

I wonder how that will work with just an xbox controller?? Hmm, maybe they’ll bring out yokes etc just for the XBox. My wife would kill me…lol

Direct link to the app with instructions: https://smoothtrack.app/

It’s well worth the investment :slight_smile:

If you need any more help or tips to set it up feel free to dm me.

There actually flight simming attachments that are available for xbox controllers, and they look “cool”!! Not sure remember where I saw them, If I do, I will post a link.

The Charlie rudder pedals were a cause of concern for me too as I’d already decided on the Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant and wanted the matching set. But they aren’t released until the second half of this year and probably will be impossible to get at launch anyway.

So I toyed with buying a cheap set to tide me over until then but felt that would be wasting money if I wsa going to replace them in a few months anyway. So I looked for what was better than the Charlie pedals would likely be and came across the Thurstmaster TPR pedals.

Although I don’t get to use them much they are the favourite part of my setup. Unlike the Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle they aren’t made of plastic but rather all metal and steel. They look and feel amazing and just feel really professional imo.

They are hard to use in realistic mode. The plane wants to pull left all the time, but then if there’s a crosswind it will without warning lurch right, and if you’re already steering right to counteract the left pull when it shifts the plane just quickly careers off the runway.

I don’t yet know if this is due to realistic flight modeling that I don’t understand, or if I just suck at flying, but either it way its a steep learning curve. Very satifying though.

Top tip: don’t use rudder pedals if you have a chair with wheels - the rudders don’t move and you end up zipping across the room/cockpit :grin:

1 Like

It so good to have Flight Simulator back. I can’t stop playing, the level of detail is perfect to explore the entire world. I’m on day 227 of my world tour, nearing 2,000 flight hours, and what amazes me the most is that the game continues to amaze me!

Sure there are some problems here and there but the good always outweighs the minor setbacks. I’m enjoying it in 1080p on a simple 1060 laptop, 20 fps, and it looks stunning.