I know it isn't just me but I have noticed that the visual eye candy is slowly disappearing

I love these kind of threads…hilarious.

No one is talking about AA or high refresh rate. We are talking about graphics and renders of the world and in particular the cities and landscapes

Incorrect, it is very obvious on approach for airliners.

Actually RDNA 2 may have quite a bit better performance than many of us thought would be possible even just a few months ago. AMD sure has been working hard lately and, even though I be no expert in GPUs, ect, I would go out on a limb and say you can compare the new generation consoles to some top tier gaming PCs with 2080tis. Won’t compare to 3000 series but there sure aren’t bad. Add in the optimizations that can be achieved with consoles and I agree, Microsobo need not dumb down the graphics to get it to run on XBOX.

No, he doesn’t and he never will. Asobo and Ms clearly and publicly stated, that Msfs2020 is primarily a software created for PC, not Xbox. (Although an Xbox is just as much a PC nowadays)…big lol! And even if it wasn’t…Why would Asobo and Ms create the PC version FIRST and LATER create the version for the platform it was intented for? It’s so clear what’s going on here, you either need to be severely impaired or just ignoring all the facts, to state that it was meant to be a console game, if even the creator made clear it’s primarily a PC sim.

1 Like

I am puzzled at why MS thinks this is even a good title for console to begin with. It wasn’t that long ago PC gamers and console gamers were a VERY different bunch of people. And while many of us owned both, the two platforms offered very different experiences. If you wanted something more complex with more options, you leaned towards PC. If you wanted something you could quickly pickup, without a huge learning curve, you leaned towards the console.

Have the demographics changed or is this simply Microsoft trying to shoehorn a title on a platform where it (IMO) shouldn’t be?

Thank you for your opinion. How can the community help you to obtain evidence for that so Asobo can identify such issue.
I assume that you realise simply making such statement on numerous thread will not help Asobo or the users.

1 Like

09/14

11/17

08/30

11/17

08/29

11/17

Nope, not seeing a downgrade at all.
If anything, the improved water at higher wind speeds (example 2, 7kt in both pictures) and the new AMD sharpen filter (compare the distant hills in examples 1 & 3) made the sim look marginally better.

6 Likes

They’ve been developing a sim for 5+ years from the ground up to be a cash grab?? I highly doubt they got their investment back just from launch. How many updates and patches did FSX have… 3, and that was only a refresh of FS9. If anything that would be more of a “cash grab” than MSFS

2 Likes

Interesting. How can we help you to prove that. I do not have that issue with HDR ON. How can we help you to prove the other downgrades?

Please don’t tell my husband that.
:grin:

5 Likes

Hello there. Let me preface with: I’m not a dev.

We are not dumbing down graphics. Happy to look at concrete evidence to relay back to the team.

4 Likes

That’s not a downgrade. That’s a bug. And it should legit be reported via ZenDesk if that’s the case.

I didn’t realise the forum was Asobo’s private Zendesk feedback. Especially given this is under “Community” “General Discussion” and not a “Bug Report”.

But since you want to help so bad here is what you can do

Load up in VHHH, approach for Runway 07 and take some screenshots looking East towards the airport and city on final.

Then do the same for OMDB, approach from the water for runway 12, take some screenshots of all the buildings prior to the approach.

Lastly load up LLBG approach 08 take some screenshots of the city looking North.

I flew into all three airports sitting in the flight deck in real life, so naturally I did it back in August when the sim launched and could not believe what I was seeing. It was incredible exactly how I remembered it. Then I decided to do these flights again a month ago and what I saw was not even remotely as impressive.

300 optic connection with everything (data) turned on, most settings at high with some at ultra, no rolling cache and no nvidia optimization. Getting good enough frame rates with occasional dips below 30 FPS.

If there is a way to load the sim as it was back in August I would love to go back and take some screenshots. I can’t compare with something I don’t have. Also, if it is a serverside issue, it becomes very difficult to recreate. Why would so many people dream up or falsely assume that the graphics have deteriorated?

Having said that the graphics are better than any sim out there, BUT, if they were at 100 at launch (which to me the look of the sim was a 100) they are somewhere closer to 50 or 60 depending on where you are flying.

2 Likes

And I think you misunderstand and are being unfriendly. The forum is IMO not a private complaint advertising place - either for putting off potential buyers or for other reasons. I did not complain - you did. I only offered you help to provide Asobo with the necessary info. I am (apparently like many other users) happy with the graphics quality but also have an open mind to the opinions of others. Mental health (see youtube video) and the happiness of disappointed user is also one of my concerns.
I am not disputing what you remember but neither your unfriendly tone nor your lack of proof helps us to put a case to Asobo.
Food for thought and happy flying

The more I investigate on my end, the more I suspect this may be the case.

I’ve been monitoring my network traffic when I’m flying over areas where I’m seeing these large numbers of melted buildings and trees. I’m seeing very little network activity when once considering the amount of data that I should be streaming. I remember checking my network activity back shortly after launch just because I was curious how much was being streamed and it seemed like a lot, especially comared to now.

I have 1GBit fibre, and it’s rock solid (speed tests consistently over 900Mbit download with low latency), Ryzen 2700X with RTX 2080, running off dual 1TB NVMe in RAID. There’s no bottleneck on my end that should cause this.

On a side note, I don’t know if this is linked, but the melted building syndrome seems a lot more prevalent when my Live Weather isn’t working. Since the last patch, I’m back to Live Weather only working on my first flight of a session, then I’m seeing clear, 20C, 29.92, 225/5 for all subsequent flight (even if I manually select it at every flight). Don’t know if this is connected somehow, but it does seem that somehow there’s a server side issue with weather. And it makes me wonder if the same is happening with streaming of photogrammetry and other Bing data.

Actually, that’s kinda exactly what it is. When things are working fine, what is there to talk about? “I did my 13th flight from LAX to SFO today, and the weather was lovely.” :yawning_face:

1 Like

I truly don’t believe no one here is really trying to say the devs are purposely dumbing down graphics.
As for making different graphical optimizations that may have had some temporary downgraded visuals in certain aspects for the time being yes…
As expected with a sim that hasn’t even been released half a year that is still currently going through core engine tug of wars with visual aesthetics vs fps performance and memory management.
I would expect such from a piece of software that will probably be going through numerous patches for the next 5-7 years easily.
Its part of the process…I feel the whole “dumbing down graphics to cater to Xbox and VR folks” rhetoric is completely silly."
Who’s actually believing that?

I respect your different opinion on this private or public forum and note your complaint that that you have nothing to complain about and are therefore bored. :wink:

1 Like

Not to be a contrarian, but you’d be wrong in that assumption. There are plenty of tinfoil hat wearers that are convinced this is being deliberately done so the XBox version doesn’t look worse than PC, while ignoring the fact that the XBox Series X is in many cases probably way faster and more powerful than their own PCs. lol

2 Likes