I only see generic Planes

As in the title, I only see the generic bonanza and a commercial jet, for all online players, even when I have the same plane…

I’m on series x and this bug is really bad…

Can anyone help or has the same issue?

1 Like

Not sure if this option is available on Xbox, but double check your Traffic settings. There is a setting titled something like “Use generic models for traffic”.

Also, if another user is flying a default aircraft in multiplayer BUT they are using a custom livery, they will show as a generic model.

Thanks for your reply, I checked and on the Xbox Version there is no such option.

Yeah it could be the thing with the liveries but it affects really every plane/player I see

Same here on the PC. Gets really annoying when I see FA18’s and none of them look like the one I am in. Of course, I do NOT have any addons. And when taxiing , sometimes I see a Cessna scream by at 300 knots, although he is listed as a FA18. Oh and the Cessna’s hovering like a helicopter…
Sure ruins the immersion. Someone advised me to turn off multiplayer… then I see no one… cannot win with this model matching thing and it seems to be getting worse. Fixing it will not generate revenue either…

New Edit: This thread didn’t seem to generate much interest. Not sure why, a couple of my friends see the same thing. Model Matching is AWFUL ! Ruins the simulation. Wonder why such lack of interest ? Maybe they know it will never be addressed ?

1 Like

@MeridianOwl4306 I don’t know either, I don’t know a single game where the multiplayer experience is so bad to be honest, and I really love the sim…

I sure do agree with you. The programmers need to get together and find someone that can help them figure this out. So disheartening to see that plane labeled as a FA18 waiting on the runway for takeoff, looking like a little Cessna. Then it rockets off in an almost vertical climb… YIKEs… Ruins the experience for lots of people.

1 Like

The Model Matching is horrid in this Sim.
I saw an aircraft labled as a Concord sitting on the runway, yet I saw a single engine prop plane. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Agree… I meant to say , I REALLY AGREE !
Nothing I can do to mitigate seeing Cessna’s as FA18’s and a bunch of really supersonic traveling commercial airliners. Seems to me some really smart programmers should be able to help this horrid situation. Of course, there is NO Additional Revenue Stream to be had to fix it either… hummmm

2 Likes

Hello @brusel93 , we ask that you please not use General Discussion for help, troubleshooting, or advice questions. You were told a few months ago to please use Community Support for help. I have moved this into Community Support > World. This is the description for this subcategory:

1 Like

I dont need support cause there is no fix, nobody does mention it anywhere, I post it here on purpose because people will see it here.

Ive never heard of the world category, I guess most other people don’t see it either.

I think it’s better in general discussion, but who am I

This is what you wrote in the first post:

In the future, please use one of the Community Support categories for these types of questions. If you look around these subcategories, you can see that people do respond.