I popped out C172 GNS530 to move it to my RealSimGear 530 but I can't locate where it popped out to. It isn't showing up

I’m running this sim using 5 monitors in extended desktop mode. (In Windows Display, the three on top are used for the actual simulator cockpit and external views. One lower monitor on left is used to move various pop outs to (ATC, VFR map) and a RealSimGear GNS530 is below on the right to place the popped out GNS 530 into it. Previously all has worked well until today.

When I started the computer it took longer than normal for Windows to boot up and when it fully loaded I realized that for some reason it had changed the Windows Display setting (all five monitors were showing in a straight line)??? So… I corrected to positioning in Windows Display to the way I had it before and saved that. I started MSFS 2020 and had to readjust the actual sim into the top three monitors. Once the plane loaded at the chosen airport and I tried to pop out the GNS530 (using Right ALT and left clicking on ) I couldn’t see that popped out window. Even though I never have popped out the G430 before I tried it and it popped out fine and I was able to move it to either of the two lower monitors. I have no idea where the 530 pop out window went??? CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT?

One more issue: I can open both the ATC and VFR Map windows in the upper 3 screens but when I hit the small squares with the arrows on the top of those windows to pop them out to allow me to move them to the monitor located below, they both disappear too (probably to the same place as the G530). If I use the drop down menu at the top of the sim view I can click on the ATC and VFR Map icons and they reappear in the top 3 screen view. That said, I wish I knew how to fix these issues to get the sim back to the way I’ve had it working for years. PLEASE HELP!

Mike

Give this a try,

• Set the sim to “Full Screen”

• Load to the airport

• Pop-out the screen you wish

• Press ALT+ENTER to go to “Windowed” mode, NOTE: do not press anything else or move your mouse

• Press ALT+ENTER again

This should bring the pop-out screen back to your screen, in front of the main window.

Pop-Out Screens are showing again.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response… I will try this tomorrow morning. (fingers crossed)

Mike

1 Like

Good morning… I tried everything that you suggested and nothing changed. The VFR Map and ATC small windows open in both the MSFS Windowed setting and Full Screen setting. … but when I click on the small square with arrow on the top of each, they still disappear. :unamused: As for the GNS 530, clicking the right ALT and left clicking the mouse while positioned on that GPS >>> nothing seems to pop out (however, on the G430 when I click it the same way it does open and can be moved to other monitors .)

Sorry this is old but were you able to figure this out?? I’m having the same issues now.