I really dont understand the complains. Please give them time and have some faith

I have no idea what you are doing in MSFS …

• P28R Turbo is simulated
  • DC-6 is simulated
  • CRJ is simulated
  • A320 with FlyByWire is simulated
    And in general the small propeller planes in the MSFS are quite ok. Yes, the planes are payware and that’s how it was in other Sims. The standard pilots were never a hit!
2 Likes

I must say I am a huge fan of the sim and am really enjoying seeing it progress. I’m one of the fortunate ones with a fairly high spec PC which runs MSFS very well so I can’t complain about performance. I’ve had the occasional issue with updates not appearing but have only had to do one re-install but c’est la vie, I don’t mind - it’s worth it.

With the latest update, I have noticed more issues than those previously seen, some basic functions in the cockpit no longer work, but I can live without them. The scenery seems to have taken quite a hit though and from a couple of thousand feet, it’s noticeable that only a few miles away, everything has been blurred to compensate for performance. That could delay a “field in sight” report but thankfully it isn’t real life. Saying that, I’ve just flown past Venice after departing Marco Polo airport and the seems to have melted. I hung round a while to give it some time to load, perhaps their servers were overloaded I thought, but it didn’t really improve.

Ever an optimist, I’m sure things will improve in time, and I’m going to be here when it does. I do hope that those of us that had bought MSFS to brush up on our real world flying skills won’t be let-down by the sim being gamified for X-BOX users.

Happy flying!

1 Like

Myself and everyone else who came from other sims are here for the graphics. MSFS is worse than the rest on everything else.

4 Likes

This sums it up perfectly!

7 Likes

In 10 years I’ll be 76 years old! My sim never crashed before SU5. Never. Now I can’t fly. Built this rig specifically for this sim i9 10900k liquid cooled, 64Gb 3200RAM RTX2080ti. ASUS Z490Strix. Zero overclocking. Was getting no less than 30fps even in the most demanding scenery with SU4 with almost all settings on ultra. The scenery looked fantastic. Now it’s awful even on ultra. I get CTD so often now that I simply stopped flying. I gained 1500 hours mostly in the FBW320. Now I can’t even use it. You want me to wait? I’m running out of time at 66 years old. I have commercial, multi engine IFR ratings. Hiring a plane is ridiculously expensive. Now I can’t even use the premium deluxe sim I paid for. I’ll say no more as I hope this situation is rectified.

4 Likes

Well I think you knwo the answer then

Exactly, which is why I don’t for a moment believe that they intentionally did so; they just ran out of time and were not allowed to postpone the XBox release.

It has already been established that the SU4 quality of graphics can be achieved (more or less) through editing UserCfg.opt, which means that the promised "beyond ultra "adjustments in the PC graphics configurations can solve a lot. The culling is a new thing that can probably still be optimized and/or made configurable/optional, and the apparent hard limitations in RAM and VRAM usage will obviously be eliminated; with DX12 if not before.

The number of CTD reports and new errors unrelated to graphics and performance, really supports my theory that the PC version was simply rushed out. Nobody does that intentionally, except maybe Lucifer.

So I agree 100% with the OP: “Please give them time and have some faith.”

1 Like

They intentionally did so. They could have released on Xbox and left the PC version alone. Not sure why many people on this forum are brainwashed into believing that PC and Xbox have to run the same versions. It’s a choice, not a necessity.

It has not been established. You think i didn’t try that? If it becomes generally accepted that the UserCfg.opt tweaks are giving us back the quality we lost then we’re doomed. Asobo would just have to add a slider that changes a few digits in a text file and all is good. Wouldn’t take them more than 5 minutes to fix.

I’m not concerned about the CTDs. I’m not concerned about the Real Weather oddities. Those are clear bugs and will be fixed.

What’s new, uncalled for and outrageous is the forced downgrade on high end PC users. Was it to make Xbox look as good as PC? I don’t know… you tell me.

8 Likes

Indeed, graphic is the most not important part. What about live weather bugs? Did so called hotfix fix even the most basic bug of the game? Did Sim Update changes any thing to make the whole sim got more “system depth”? Do msfs got “system depth” since it’s release in last year in original game? Got graphics before, now there’s nothing left.

1 Like

nothing left… at all.

1 Like

as a spectator, it’s mildly amusing that it seems it’s always a new group that gets burned when an update breaks stuff… every time i see the same messages “it was working fine for me until now!!!”

it seems like if it’s currently running good for you, just wait till next update, maybe you’re next! everyone gets their turn in the barrel!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I need your help. I am playing on Xbox Series X and I can not change the weather to “live weather”. Do you know how to fix it? It keeps switching back to clear skies, but I dont want to play all day with clear skies… Thanks.

1 Like

A whole week to get the ducks in a row? Throw us a bone. Something.

3 Likes

I’ve never understood the “give them time” mentality. If I buy something, I expect it to work at the time of purchase.
If a company needs time to get their product right, don’t sell it or expect the bad that will come with selling a beta product.
$130 isn’t a big deal to me, to some people it is.
I already requested a refund from Steam, told them why, and I will not buy games from MS again. They have a history of selling alpha/beta software and expecting customers to “give them time”.

4 Likes

nope, people have spent a year dealing with these kinds of issues. they are allowed to vent and if their complaints / bugs / zendesk reports were getting addressed over that last year then they wouldn’t have taken over the forums and created a meltdown of anger.
this is what happens when you ignore the masses. The complaints aren’t just SU5, there are MANY complaints of “this is the last straw” “the same things happened on SU4, 3, etc” “i’ve crashed to desktop every session”
To understand why people are angry i suggest you read their complaints and the non-responses from the developers to them.

5 Likes

That doesn’t exist anymore.

If they can’t have instant gratification. Then they aren’t happy.

Every game that has ever came out has had its ups and downs.

Quiting a game or saying you’re going to quit is so common now that I’m sure they don’t even care about it.

I’m with you. Give them time. Rome wasn’t built in a day!!

Sometimes you have to move backwards to move forward.

Good luck ASOBO and MS!!

4 Likes

I thought this was the Asobo statement. LOL

For me everything has gotten much better … clear, super floor graphics…fps better in EDDF I now have 20-22 FPS before under 10 … So for me it is better … the clouds could be optimized again but it is now too not so bad. Thanks ASOBO !!!

1 Like

Moin Leute

If everyone were a little quieter, if they would wait a day after an update. Then install all the patches and read the “correct” posts.
Then it would be easier for everyone. Even for those who seek correction.
But if most of them just shout: this does not work - that does not work - and everyone thinks they have to post it in a post (we are definitely at 1000 a day at the moment) it certainly does not make it any better.
In any case, you can see from my film that all post’s " Update 5 is Sh++**t" are incorrect.

And always keep the old player rule in mind:

N E V E R   P L A Y   O N   P A T C H   D A Y   !!!!!

As you see in this Video :

2 Likes